19.

after getting helped by the nurse, you walk out and go into the kitchen, your stomach was growling and your throat was dry from screaming.

you saw a sandwich on the wooden counter and looked at the small note that was next to it.

'this is for (y/n) only. if you fuckers eat it, i'll be using your blood for my next canvas.'  you smiled, gosh it hurt to smile though.

you picked up the sandwich and started eating it,
"hey." said a male voice, you turn around and see the guy with the cut smile from earlier.

"oh hey." you said, taking another bite from your sandwich, fear started to set in. you were scared to be left alone with these strange people.

"you did good out there. to be honest, i thought you were going to die." he said chuckling, you raised an eyebrow and gave an awkward smile.

"i'm not that weak, i can handle my own battles.." you said looking at him, this was somewhat a lie. maybe a big lie. but you needed to convince people you were like them.

"i can see that." he said, taking a bite from an apple he got from the fruit basket that was on the wooden counter. "anyways, what did you do to get here? how did you and bloody meet?" he asked looking away.

"hm it's a long story." you said, fuck.. what to say, what to say—"oh come on, you still got your tongue attached sooo you can tell me" he said with a chuckle.

"if she doesn't feel comfortable, she doesn't have to tell you jeff." said a familiar male voice, you turn around and see puppeteer.

"puppeteer!" you said in excitement, you were thanking god that someone you knew came in here.

"hey kid, thought i'd never see you again." he said as he chuckled, "yeah well, i was about to get locked up forever until helen came and helped me escape." you said, his eyes widened.

"locked up?" he asked, jeff sighed, "it ain't that hard to understand what she just said." said jeff as he threw away the apple.

"well, i, uh.. they were going to put me in you know, a hospital, for a long time—","for what?" puppeteer asked.

"stop bothering her with so many questions, she's tired." said a stern voice, helen turned the corner and looked at puppeteer and jeff.

"jeez, stop being on her ass so much, let the girl breathe." said jeff as he gave helen a dirty look.

jeff scoffed and walked away, while puppeteer stayed and sighed, "glad to see you bloody." said puppeteer with a small smile.

"same here." he said back, you could tell there was tension in the air. well there always is but you could tell they were mad at each other.

"well, i'm going to go get ready for bed. i'm feeling really out of it" you said while yawning, you walked away, expecting helen to follow you but he stayed back to talk to puppeteer.

you finally got to the room and went into the bathroom. "god.. my face." you whispered to yourself, this was bad. no this was horrible.

a bruised cheek, a busted lip and eyebrow. your face was swollen obviously, you looked funny but the pain was the worst part.

out of nowhere, you started to get that urge. the one you felt earlier when you were standing in front of the man. it felt satisfying, finally being able to win something, to fight back, to feel stronger.

you shook your head, being scared of what you just thought about. you sighed and walked out.

"how are you feeling?" helen asked, as he walked to you. "i feel okay, i mean it hurts but i'll be okay." you said with a weak smile but you could tell he was feeling really bad about what happened.

you both laid in bed and turned off the lights. moments passed and your mind was racing with thoughts. those thoughts..

you silently cried, it finally hit you. you killed someone.