04.

couple weeks go by and you haven't seen helen whatsoever. you didn't worry too much but you did miss his presence for some odd reason. you enjoyed talking to him.

you've also been visiting micheal and the last visit, he barely opened eyes but no words came out. he seemed very out of it but he's slowly recovering.

you took the bus and headed to the hospital, today was saturday so it was your day to go visit micheal. you arrive and head to his room.

you see amber, sitting at his side. confusion and anger hit you hard, "why are you here amber?" you asked her raising an eyebrow.

"don't pull that on me (y/n), the jealousy. i just came to see micheal okay. remember i'm the one who found him, you should be thanking me. you've been weird with me since the accident." she said as she stood up.

"i'm not jealous, i'm simply asking why you were here. i want to spend time with him so can you please leave." you asked calmly.

"fine" she said, she left the room. you sat on the chair that was next to michael's bed. "you're making progress, slowly you'll be out of here. i miss you a ton" you whispered as you caressed his arm with your fingers.

micheal started to cough, "(y/n).." he said, his voice sounded very raspy. "micheal!" you cheered, "i've missed you too.." he said, opening his dull green eyes.

"i'm so glad you're awake! here i'll get you some water" you said as you took out a water bottle that was in your backpack.

micheal drank and sighed, "i don't mean to be selfish but, i've been thinking about something a lot." you said, gripping onto your backpack strap. scared for what reaction he'll give.

"what is it?" he asked, "on that night, the accident. you told me that you were going to go to sleep, why did you lie?" you asked as you looked down.

silence filled the room but only his and your breathing was heard. "sorry i lied, i just.. wanted to get some fresh air." he said as he rubbed the back of his head.

"it's fine, just be careful." you said, this was your 100th time hearing "sorry i lied" from him, you were used to it. but you loved him too much to let him go since he was the first person who ever made you feel cared for.

"god, is that all you care about? about me lying, you see, that's being right damn selfish." he said as he looked away from you, crossing his arms.

"i'm sorry.. i was just asking" you said as you bit your lip, you hated when he pulled this shit.
"it's fine" he said as he looked at you, he took your hand and kissed it.

"you know i love you right" he said with a small smile, "i know you do.. i love you more" you said, giving a weak smile. "i have to go though, take care" you said as you took your hand away from his and left the room.

you ran out the hospital, finally, letting out the tears. this wasn't the first time he made you feel like you were in the wrong for asking a simple question to ease your anxiety.

*flashback*
"i honestly don't know how to tell you this but, michaels been texting one of my friends. she didn't want to tell you because she felt bad but, um, i hope you're okay." said angela, your classmate.

"what?" you starred at the floor in disbelief. micheal would never do such a thing like that, he said he loves you, he says that you're the only girl in his eyes. but what if he's lying?