10.

"are you paying attention (y/n)?" asked the teacher.

"uh yes i'm sorry, i didn't get enough sleep last night.." you responded back, rubbing the back of neck.

"excuses, please just pay attention" she responded back, and continued teaching.

***

after school, you walked home like usual, having your headphones in and blasting music.

but suddenly, everything turns to black, and all you feel is a pounding sensation on the back of your head.

***

"why the fuck would you bring her here?! you know what, you deal with this shit when he gets back." said puppeteer as he stomped his foot on the ground.

"it's pay back.. for him treating me like absolute shit okay. i wanna make her see who he really is before i kill her." angel said as she slammed her hand on the counter.

you start waking up, you try to stand but your hands and feet are tied. you try to scream but your screams are muffled by the tape covering your mouth.

"aw look, she's awake" angel said as she smiled.

"you're gonna get in deep shit with him.." puppeteer whispered to angel.

you tried moving and moving but the ropes were too tight on you. tears starting streaming down your face.

"stop fucking crying" angel yelled, as she smacked your head.

you look up and see a girl with short blonde hair and full black eyes.

terrified, you started moving more and trying to scream.

a long irritated sigh came out from the male with grey skin and yellow eyes.

"kid, stop crying. i have a pounding fucking headache right now and all hell is about to break lose any second." said the male, blowing out his cigarette smoke as he rolled his eyes.

angel ripped the tape off your face and grabbed your chin to pull you towards her.

"you're wondering why you're here and i'll tell you right now.. the second another man walks in this house, you'll see who he really is." she said as she let go.

"what do you mean.. what are you talking about" you cried, looking around, it looked like a normal looking place. organized and dark blue walls.

"i'll do anything you want just please let me go.. i don't want to die" you cried harder, the ropes hurting your wrists as you tried getting out.

suddenly, the door opens and you see helen walk in.

helens eyes widened.

your stomach drops down, your heart almost beating out of your chest. all noise shutting out in that moment.

your throat feeling dry as you screamed more and more.

angel grabbing you by your hair and making you look at helen.

"look at him.. take a real good look at him" she whispered.

helens face was a mixture between anger and embarrassment.

"you leave her alone! WHY THE HELL DID YOU BRING HER HERE!" he yelled as he slammed the door shut.

the yellow eyed male raising his hands up and walking off.

"i-i simply brought her here to show her.. she should be afraid of us helen. she's ruining you. she should see who you really are." angel said as she stood up.

"what does she mean by that.." you said, shaking and hyperventilating.

helen looked away and stayed quiet.

"helen, i deserve a fucking answer right now!" you screamed, more tears running down your face.

angel smacking you again on the back of your head.

"don't you speak to him like that." she said.

"leave." helen said in a low voice.

angel stayed quiet and stood still. not leaving whatsoever.

"i said, FUCKING LEAVE" yelled helen as he walked to angel, getting all up in her face.

"you're such an idiot.." she said as she pushed him out of her way.

helen stood still, not even looking at you.

"please.. let me go home.. helen please" you cried, your eyes puffy from all the crying, your head pounding like crazy.

"no.." he quietly said, you saw it in your face he didn't mean it, but he had to. he couldn't let you leave. he didn't know where the both of you were standing. or if he could trust you.

"no..? w-why.. i-i trusted you, y-you—" you tried speaking, it hurt like hell. having the only person you felt safe with now holding you captive.

"tell me.. what is this, who are they..— who are you" you asked with a zoned out look, as a single tear ran down your cheek one more time.

"i can't bring myself to tell you.. or else you'd hate me." he simply said, sitting on the sofa facing you.

that's when it hit you. everything was coming all together, he.. he was the bloody painter.

he was the one who you found in your room. the familiar cologne. him leaving for weeks with no explanation.

he killed michael. for you.

"y-you killed michael.. didn't you" you asked, trembling.

he couldn't help but smile, he tried hard not to but it was so visible.

"y-you're the bloody painter" you said, looking directly into his eyes.

"i love you.. i killed him because i love you and he deserved it, you know this darling.. he's gone now." helen said with a toothy smile. you saw it in his eyes.

he was proud of what he did.

"all this time.. i pushed away every single thought of you being the killer.. i-i can't even believe you'd lie to me this w-whole time.. i-i trusted you." you said, tears clouding your vision.

"i want to go home. i-i promise i won't say anything just please.. i want to go back home." you cried.

"tsk.. i don't think i can do that darling. i love you too much to let you go back." he said as he stood up, walking towards you.

you pressed your back completely against the wall, trying to get away from him.

"don't be scared of me.. i won't hurt you." he whispered as he wiped your tears off.

"i-if you love me, you have to let me go.." you said, looking at him, trying to convince him.

"then that would mean i wouldn't love you.. doesn't work like that." he simply said.

***
uhh i've been writing this since hours ago, sorry to end it so short but i'll update more loll