23.

"so, how are you feeling today (y/n)?"

"i'm good, better maybe." you said as you chipped away at the remaining nail polish on your nail.

"that's wonderful to hear, how's sleep? is it better?" asked the therapist, lorna jean.

"i guess it's getting better, i don't really have bad dreams anymore." you said while softly chuckling.

"that's a start, it's a slow process but you're getting there. i can tell you're more at ease now than when i first met you." she said while smiling.

"oh god yeah, i remember being so paranoid, i mean i still am but not too bad like before." you responded.

"how are you feeling about.." her eyes looking down at her notes. "your ex." she said as she looked up at me. "is this a right time to talk about it?" she asked, giving a concerned look.

you mentioned helen a while back but never fully spoke on it because you couldn't express your feelings correctly.

"i still think about him but i've been going on dates like you said, meeting new people." you said as you looked at her. you didn't fully tell her about everything that happened between you guys or else that would get you in problems.

"that's so good! i'm happy for you." she said with a warm smile. you smiled back.

after you left helen, you struggled to find a place to live and how you were going to start your new life. for a couple months, you were living in shelters while working small jobs like cleaning windows and shoes. you ended up meeting someone that helped you off the streets, aaron luciano, he works at a book store/coffee shop and is 2 years older than you. he spotted you when you were sitting outside eating a sandwich. he sparked up a conversation and ever since you've been working there with him. you went by a different name and with enough money, you bought an apartment and got into journaling, it helped you a lot. your life changed in a good way and you were finally at peace but still trying to mend the past that was still bringing you some pain.

after your appointment with lorna jean, you headed to work.

"good morning sunshine" aaron said with a smile, he knew you hated those corny names but still said it. "yeah good morning to you too" you said, rolling your eyes. "coffee?" aaron asked as he got the pot of coffee. "yes please, thank you" you sighed, "here" he said as he passed you the cup of coffee.

"is something bothering you?" aaron asked as he raised an eyebrow. "no, just super tired." you said as you gave him a convincing smile. you weren't okay. you were thinking about helen a lot. you'd always try blocking him out of your mind.

"oh fuck, there's people coming in." he said as he ran downstairs. you worked at the coffee shop today.

as you were putting cups away, you heard the bells ringing which meant the door opened and the cold air hit into warm coffee shop. you look up with a smile on your face to greet your customer. "good morning, what can i get for you today?" you asked.

"a small black coffee please." said the strange hooded man wearing a face mask and black glasses.

"of course." you said as you squinted your eyes a little at him. you thought it was weird that he was all covered up. 'swear it's not even that cold','or maybe he's famous?' you thought to yourself as you poured the steaming black coffee into the small cup. 

"here you go, have a great day!" you said with a small smile. he nodded while looking at you, there was a few seconds of silence that felt like forever until he finally broke the silence. "you too." he said quietly and turned around.

"thanks.." you said as you watched him open the door and leave. you wondered why he was starring for so long, so you went to the bathroom to check yourself out but there wasn't anything on you. your stomach sank and eyes widened when you realized something.

'what if..no" you thought to yourself, there's no way. when you left the mansion, you walked for a whole week, making sure you were far far away from the mansion. you ended up hitch hiking a couple times as well. when you felt like it was time to stop, you settled down somewhere you felt safe in.

you reassured yourself that you're okay and that you're too far away for him. it can't be him. how would he find out i'm here?

the door opened again and it was a new customer, this startled you a bit. "hello, what can i get for you today?" you say with a smile.

hours passed by, your thoughts raced in your head. they were all about helen. "you can go home if you're that tired." aaron said as he sat down on a chair. "no no, it's okay." you said as you were wiping the counter. "seriously it's okay." you said again. aaron wasn't convinced though so he stood up and sighed. "you're making it really hard, i'm gonna pick you up and throw your ass out." aaron said as he laughed.

"yeah okay i'd like to see you try." you said, raising an eyebrow as you titled your head a little.

"don't challenge me (y/n)." he said as he ran towards you and picked you up. "hey! whoa! i didn't actually think you were!" you said laughing.

"now all i gotta do is throw you out." aaron said smiling, "come on, put me down!" you yelled, "fine fine, i'll go." you finally said what aaron wanted to hear.

"thanks, just trying to look out for you." he said as he put you down gently, his hazel eyes looking directly into yours then slowly to your lips. you froze, your heart beating faster and feeling yourself get hot.

suddenly, a rock was thrown at the window, causing it to shatter. you both jumped and walked back slowly. "w-whoa.." aaron said quietly, "what the fuck.." you said as you ran your fingers through your (h/c) hair, "get me the broom please." aaron said as he sighed, "who the fuck did this? what kind of fucking asshole.." aaron continued on with his rant, but you weren't paying attention to it because your mind was filled with the 'what if helen came back..' thoughts.

*********************************************
i'm extremely sorry for the wait, i've had so much happen to me these past months like emotionally, mentally and school. i know this is short but this is an introduction to the next update.