[Request] Brown and Yellow - deux

Story requested by WolfyTacoUwU! (I'll tag you in the comments cause I can't figure out how to do it here)

"Hello?" Taco called out as she wandered through the Perilous Forest. "Hellooooooooo?"

The dark woods made her path hard to see, but the glowing moon was just enough to illuminate some outlines and give her a bare sense of where trees were, so that she could avoid running into them. Various growls and other scary noises punctuated the night - it was the Perilous Forest, after all - but none of them fazed Taco.

I hope she's still here, the girl thought. Why does she have to be so hard to find?

Thankfully, her search didn't last much longer, as Taco soon stumbled upon a clearing with a familiar log stump. Sitting on the stump, back turned to her, was BFB Taco's doppelganger. She appeared to be lost in thought, muttering to herself.

"Hey!" BFB Taco said happily.

II Taco stiffened, but quickly relaxed after recognizing the voice. She slipped what looked like a notepad into her shell and turned around. "Hello."

"You doing ok?"

II Taco's face didn't betray any emotion. "What do you mean?"

"...do you know that Microphone got eliminated?"

"Yes."

"Well, I came to check on you, cause... I hope you forgive me for saying this, but you sort of gave the impression that she was your only friend when I first met you."

She gave a subtle nod. "Not... exactly. My relationship with Microphone was as a business partner more than anything else."

"Really?" BFB Taco scratched her chin. "You said you were 'pals' with her..."

II Taco's eye twitched, and the other one noticed. "You never answered my question..."

They stared at each other for a moment before the British Mexican dish turned around. "I'm fine. Now please leave me be."

"You're obviously not fine." BFB Taco stepped forward. "I can see that there's something wrong, however small it is. I just want to h-"

"I said LEAVE." II Taco raised her voice and clenched her fists hard.

Her doppelganger stopped. "Fine. I won't pry right now. But I'm always just on the other side of the portal if you need me." She turned, glanced one last time behind her, and walked out of the clearing. II Taco breathed in a deep breath, then let it out and unclenched her fists.

--------------------

The next day, BFB Taco returned to the clearing to try and talk to her clone again. But II Taco was already long gone.

yeah this is really short but hey, they're short stories ;)

I did want to make this longer but I couldn't really think of many ways to extend it too much so I hope this is good