[Canon] Cameras and Camouflage

June 11th, 2020

Tennis Ball sighed as he sat up, stepping away from the half-burnt picnic table in front of Gelatin's Steakhouse. He watched dejectedly as Golf Ball briskly walked off towards her factory, ignoring the other members of her team. As glad as he was that GB had survived, he wished that the whole team conflict was over. But despite his best efforts, Golf Ball and Basketball were still sniping at each other. And to make matters worse, Robot Flower had been eliminated - one of Basketball's best friends.

He shook his head. Knowing that Golf Ball just needed to let off steam for now, he resolved to talk to her later and instead strolled up to X, who had hosted the elimination. "Hey, X?"

"Oh, hi TB! What is it?"

"Can the next contest be a little more... low-key?" He glanced back at a sulking Basketball. "The last one was pretty rough on everyone."

X smiled. "Don't worry! Four and I already planned for that. In fact, now that the elimination's done we can start the next contest right now!" The variable held out his hand dramatically, then snapped his fingers.

Nothing happened.

"Uh, X? Are you sure you-"

"No no, it's working. Look!" X pointed behind TB, and he turned to see Black Hole, Bottle, and Pen being lifted into the air by some sort of tractor beam. As he watched, Pie was sucked up as well, then Pillow, then Remote. Basketball and Blocky suddenly began to float upwards as well.

Across the field of dead grass, Golf Ball was working on adding a security system to her factory with Test Tube when the globule began to rise up into the air. She dropped her screwdriver in surprise. "What the heck?"

"Goodness! Golf Ball, you're floating!" Testy exclaimed.

"I can see that. It must be for the next contest."

Test Tube tried to grab hold of her friend's foot, but missed by inches. "I'll continue working on the door while you're gone!" she called upwards.

One by one, team by team, the contestants of Battle For BFDI were alphabetically taken by X's mysterious gravity-defying beam. Team Ice Cube, Free Food, The Losers, iance, BEEP - they were all sent into the sky. The last ones taken were the members of Gabop.

"Uh, I feel floaty," said Gaty as her feet left the ground. "Is it just me, or-"

"Don't worry, you're not hallucinating." Lollipop pointed over to Ice Cube, who was flailing around in the air as well. Lollipop glanced down as she began to float herself. "Oh, joy."

"This feels amazing!" Saw whooped. "I can't wEIGHT for the contest!"

It was time to strike. For weeks now, she had been watching both the show in real time and the previous episodes on her phone, analyzing each contestants' behaviors and patterns, waiting for the perfect moment to intervene unnoticed. Now, all but two objects were significantly distracted by the fact that they were floating through the sky, and most were too far away now to see anything if they looked back. Plus, she had a gut feeling that something different would happen this episode, something that she could use to cause some chaos. Now or never.

II Taco burst out of her fake bush and sprinted towards her doppelganger, who had just started to rise upwards. She grabbed her leg and pulled herself into the beam.

"Hey, what the-" BFB Taco tried to protest before two pieces of duct tape were slapped over her eyes and mouth. II Taco yanked her fish away before flinging her out of the beam. BFB Taco landed in the bush below. Her clone pulled out her blaster, turning the knob to the 'ignite' setting, and fired at the bush. It was instantly set aflame.