[Canon] Death Creation and Preventing Trust

May 6th, 2020

"Pay up!" Bottle opened her hand and made a 'gimme' gesture at Cake, who reluctantly forked over a wad of fake cash after landing on one of her properties.

Having already lost earlier, Tree studied the Monopoly board. "You were right, Lightbulb," he remarked. "How in the world is she so good at this?"

"Told ya!" Lightbulb rolled the dice and came up with a five. She shifted her car game piece five spots forward and landed on another of Bottle's many properties. "Dang. That's... I'm no math whiz. How much do I owe ya, glassy gal?"

"$200!"

Lightbulb glanced at her measly pile of cash and shrugged. "Yeah, that's it. I'm disrupted."

"Bankrupted," Tree corrected.

"Whatever."

Cake looked at his own stockpile and stepped backwards from the board. "I forfeit. There's no way I'm winning against just her."

"Whoopee!" Bottle grabbed all her paper money and tossed it into the air. It fluttered down on top of everyone, some bills getting stuck in Tree's leaves, and another few entering Bottle's top.

"Great game!" Suitcase said, standing up. "Remind me to play a different board game against Bottle next time, though."

Lightbulb nodded. "I think she's officially the Monopoly queen at this point. You rock, girl!"

"Thank you!" Bottle giggled.

Pen came rushing over. "Guys!" he said, panting. "It's challenge time! Let's go!"

Cake was skeptical. "Really? Did the elimination already happen?"

"Yeah, Foldy got eliminated, predictably. I'm just glad it wasn't Eraser..."

Suitcase sighed. "I suppose we'll have to stay out of the way now."

"Yupperdoodles. Let's go, Briefcase!" Lightbulb jumped to her feet and grabbed Suitcase by her handle.

"Please don't grab me by my handleEEEAAAAAA!" Suitcase's plea was cut off as Lightbulb sprinted to the II portal, tugging the baggage behind her.

--------------------

"Ahem." Four cleared his throat. "Today, the challenge will be a bracket tournament of sorts."

"Oh, great," Ice Cube muttered. Last time she had partaken in one of those, she had been barfed on.

Four continued. "Five of your teammates will be facing against five objects from another team. Your goal is to kill three members of the opposing team. If you do that, then you'll be safe! If you fail, then you'll face another failed team until there's only one left."

"What! Four, our whole team is dedicated to preventing death!" Tree protested. "You can't do this to us!"

"It hardly seems fair," Pie commented.

Four growled. "Your team's personal philosophy is not my problem."

Tree rubbed his eyes. This is going to be a long challenge.

"You have five minutes to choose who will compete," Four finished. "Except for BEEP and Team Ice Cube, since they only have five members each."

Remote turned to the rest of Death PACT. "I think that our biggest problems will be to choose or not to choose Black Hole and Pie. They're both very good at preventing death, but Pie can easily be killed, and if Black Hole isn't careful, he can easily kill."