[Canon] Hatching the Plan

(Disclaimer: a lot of the dialogue in this chapter is recycled from Inanimate Insanity 2, episode 14. Although I have added my own words in, not all content here is mine.)

July 31st, 2020 (very late at night)

MePad gently lifted his foot off the massive gem as the vision faded. "Sir," he addressed MePhone4, who was standing nearby. "I never knew what you did to... save me."

"Yeah, well.. I didn't want to know either. But I guess repressing my memories was a pretty short-term solution, huh?" He sat down and patted the ground next to him. As the co-host sat, MePhone generated a goofy-looking painting of Steve Cobs that could have only been made by one object. "I know Lightbulb meant well when she painted this for me the other day. They don't know what he's really like. But as soon as I saw that smug face again, man... all I wanted to do was something that wasn't one of his 'tasks.'"

"And you accomplished that. This show is yours!"

"No, it's not!" MePhone burst. He stood up and furiously kicked the painting over. "I left this island to rebel against him, making a reality show he'd HATE, but he created A.D.A.M, he tricked me, hired me AND Toilet, and not a SINGLE thing I've done has been out of his control! Not ONE!!"

"Not even saving me?" MePad immediately rebuked. "Why would he let that happen?"

MePhone didn't respond. Before MePad could continue any further, a strange sound reached their audio processors.

--------------------

A deafening, otherworldly noise emanated from the egg without warning, startling the three objects nearby. Baseball jumped backwards in fright. Test Tube fell off the vending machine, and Fan nearly did as well, but managed to right his balance before both he and the egg fell off.

Then, as suddenly as it had begun, it stopped. Test Tube groaned, sitting up from the grass. There was a crack in the back of her head, and about half of her mysterious green liquid had spilled in the fall.
"What... what was that?"

Fan slid off the vending machine and landed on his feet, clutching the egg carefully. "I have... no idea. None. Zilch. I-I'm kind of unsettled here."

"Was that from the egg?" Baseball wondered, still looking a little spooked. Fan nodded, noting that the shell's crack had grown slightly larger.

Test Tube stood up and glanced at it uncertainly. "May I... see it?"

Fan hesitated, but only for a split second, before letting Test Tube take the egg. He knew from nearly a season's worth of competing with her that he could trust her; yet his increasingly overprotectiveness of the egg caused him to get paranoid at the slightest opportunity for disaster.

Rotating the egg around in her hand, Testy carefully inspected it. "Well, apart from the crack, nothing seems to be different," she slowly concluded. "Most avian species on Earth typically lay eggs which eventually hatch into youth, so that must mean that this one is getting ready to hatch. But I've never heard anything like that sound before..."

"What about Four? He can make some pretty... unnerving screeches," Baseball suggested.

"Probably not." Fan waved his hand, quickly dismissing the idea. "Last time I checked, Four didn't even know this universe existed before Test Tube opened her portal."