[Canon request] End of the Beginning

(Not EXACTLY a request, but rather, inspired by one. Again, this was made before I closed requests, so it's been pending for a LONG time. It was actually the second ever request to be made!)

(Clarification: this chapter is a collection of various snippets from Book's journal entries, starting from the beginning of Crossing Over, through the Short Stories, and even some of the sequel hehe

(Clarification: this chapter is a collection of various snippets from Book's journal entries, starting from the beginning of Crossing Over, through the Short Stories, and even some of the sequel hehe. Also, I put the final timeline at the top because this story doesn't exactly fit into it, so it's more or less the same as the timeline from last chapter)

March 24th, 2020

Dear me,

Today has been a very... strange day. Some weird portal opened up above Four and sucked in a bunch of contestants before closing. One of them was Taco. I think she's alright, but I haven't actually been in direct contact with her yet. I hope she's fine...

Later, Four revealed that those guys had been transported into another universe. Crazy! But apparently true. And the current contest is to get any teammates who went through back. But it's already the end of the day, and the only team who's even gotten close to finding another way to that alternate dimension is A Better Name Than That - and they're not sharing their secrets with anyone, except that new guy.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention; someone actually came THROUGH the portal from the other side. Accidentally, I think. His name is Fan, and he's... a fan. He's not electric like Fanny though. Two fans in one place... this competition just keeps getting weirder and weirder every challenge.

Anyway, that's about it for today, I think. Once the initial shock of everything had worn off, there was basically nothing we could do to try to get Taco and Teardrop back. (I use the word "we" lightly; the others wouldn't really let me participate in the brainstorming session.) I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next...

Good night, me.
- Book

March 25th, 2020

Dear me,

We saw Dora today.

Yeah. I don't really know how it happened, but earlier, Dora shot out of Golf Ball's underground factory. Four tried chasing after her, but she somehow managed to escape him. She's more versatile than I originally thought.

Also, two teams managed to get immunity today. Gelatin apparently blew himself up, along with Donut, Fries, and Leafy, and returned to Goiky when Four recovered them. It's a really smart plan in retrospect. I'm just worried that Taco and Teardrop may have to do the same to get back here. Maybe they already did? Oh library, now I'm feeling paranoid. I'm going to go ask Four to try recovering them.
- Book