[Request] A Rather Blustery Day

(Requests are STILL CLOSED; this is an older request I hadn't gotten to before.)

Story requested by Amour4life1!

June 20th, 2020

"...and then absolutely nothing happened until Four showed up about three years ago or so," Leafy concluded. "And he threw us right into another competition. How did your show start?"

"Well, I wasn't there for season 1, but..." Suitcase thought back to over seven years ago. "...MePhone just chose a bunch of random objects and offered us the chance to be in the show. I accepted, he brought us all onto a plane, and then... he crashed it into the side of Hotel OJ."

Leafy winced. "Oh dear. OJ must have not been happy."

"Yeah, he shattered from surprise, I think."

A sudden gust of wind blew by them, and Leafy shuddered, both from the chill of the air and slight nervousness. "It's windier today than usual. I hope I don't get blown away."

Jinxed it. Immediately, a much stronger current swept Leafy off her feet and carried her into the air. "Leafy!!" Suitcase cried, jumping to her feet.

Leafy reached out, but the air was already carrying her high into the sky and farther away from her friend. It continued to buffet her around for a solid minute, twisting her every which way, completely screwing with her sense of direction. Finally, just as she closed her eyes, she slammed into something hard. Since her back was pressed against whatever the object was, Leafy couldn't turn around and see until it suddenly gave way.

She tumbled into a salmon-colored environment and landed on the ground face-first. "Oh my gosh! Are you ok?" a squeaky voice asked.

"M...maybe?" Leafy groaned. Her proverbial head was spinning wildly, but nothing actually seemed to hurt.

"Here, let me..." A hand grabbed one of her arms and housed her upwards. She came face-to-face with a rubbery red sphere. "Oh!" it squeaked. "I remember you! Leafy, right? One of the objects who came through Test Tube's original portal."

"Yeah, and you're Balloon!" Leafy stuck out her hand for him to shake. "It's lovely to meet you again!"

He shook. "Likewise."

Leafy's vision cleared properly, and she took ahold of her bearings. They were in a room that was very obviously Balloon's - red walls, red carpet, red ceiling, etc. Other than a bed, a small desk, and a chair, it was pretty minimally decorated. "Am I in Hotel OJ?" she wondered.

"Yup! You, um, just hit my window a moment ago, and blew inside when I opened it." Balloon walked over and closed the opening, shivering from the cold wind. "It's quite the blustery day outside."

"Tell me about it." Leafy glanced towards the door. "Uh, is OJ anywhere nearby? I know us BFB contestants aren't really allowed in here after what Gelatin did."