[Canon] Shocking!

May 30th, 2020

"I think everything's going to be alright."

Famous last words.

Pin watched with horror as Four sucked up Book, sending her to what she could only guess was a realm of endless algebra. Sure, it wasn't the worst thing that could happen to an object. But seeing a close friend who was trying to redeem herself get voted out by viewers nonetheless... it made Pin worry for her own safety in the game.

"Hey, you good?"

She turned to see a mostly unfamiliar object, who she deduced must be Baseball, staring at her with a quizzical expression. "Uh, yeah, I think I'm fine." She looked back at Four, who was shooing the other members of Gabop away from the elimination area. "Just... watching a friend get eliminated is hard."

Baseball instantly understood. "I know exactly what you mean," he sympathized. "But hey, look on the bright side! At least your friend wasn't voted out by people you know, heheh... ehh." Pin glanced at him weirdly and he sighed. "'Bright side...' I've been spending too much time around Lightbulb. Point is, I think I've learned that it's best to just move on. We'll both see our friends again eventually - they're not gone forever!"

"Easy for you to say," she mumbled. "Your show only has 7 people left, and mine has 48."

"Well-"

Their conversation screeched to a halt as both objects became distracted by something falling from the sky - a raindrop. A few more fell, then a lot more, and before they knew it, a torrent of rain was upon them. An extremely rare occurrence in both their universes.

--------------------

However, the loud pattering of rain was no distraction to Golf Ball. In fact, she was expecting the unexpected weather. Sitting outside her factory's entrance, an umbrella protected her as she scribbled various observations of the downpour on her trusty notepad.

"Golf Ball?" Tennis Ball's voice leaked up from inside the factory, and his footsteps could be heard increasing in volume as he climbed the stairs. "I think a pipe broke, there's water leaking all over the factory flo- what the-!" he gasped, almost falling over in astonishment from the sight of the weather.

GB didn't look up. "Nice weather today, huh?"

TB blinked. It wasn't like his dimpled friend to make jokes or small talk. A different, unrelated thought suddenly chased that one out of his mind and caused him to hurry under the protection of the umbrella. "Um, are these robotic arms of ours waterproof?"

This time, Golf Ball glanced up, if only to roll her eyes at him. "Yes, they are. Test Tube is a brilliant scientist and wouldn't have let something so simple as a little H2O short-circuit these wonderful creations." She turned back to her notes. "Anyway, I'm sure you're curious about the unusual rainstorm we're currently experiencing."

"You could say that. But why do I get the feeling that you're somehow involved with it?"

"Normally I would condone listening to 'feelings' like that. In this case, however, your gut is entirely correct. I believe I have managed to cause this Teardrop family reunion."

"But how? And why?"

Golf Ball flipped her notebook shut. "An experiment. A few days ago, I launched... hmm. It's not exactly a satellite, as it's within our atmosphere rather than in space..." She thought about it for a moment. "I'll think of a better term later. This 'satellite' has been hovering above the contesting grounds, way out in the upper atmosphere of our planet, for a while now. I've had a theory for a long time that it only ever rains in Goiky when the air is greatly disturbed by an outer force - such as, a semi-large object hovering in the atmosphere for several days. Thus, I believe that I have proved my theory correct!"