Chapter 4: A Single White Rose

Sebastian's pov

"Come on Mack," I said pulling her through the maze of hallways that Cameron says is the pack house.

"My mom used to call me Mack," she said. I cringed. Everything I say always gets turned around to something her mom says. I even tried to play monopoly, the worst game ever, to get her mind off it. She told me her parents used to play monopoly and she would always win. She beat me then burst out crying. Now she just walked in a daze.

"Mackenzie I don't know where I'm going," I said gently shaking her.

"My mom always got lost," she murmured. I sighed.

"Mack, her funeral is about to start," I said. I was just making it worst wasn't I?

"Out that door," she says pointing to a door. I sighed and followed her directions until we got outside. I gasped. It was like a town in the middle of the forest.

Mack started walking so I followed her to where a casket was on a white table. There were people taking and holding drinks. Everyone was wearing the color black.

"I hate the color black," she said under her breath.

"Why?"

"Because it's the color they wear for this. Its so depressing," she said nodding her head,"promise me when I die tell them not to wear the color black."

"What if I die first?" I asked raising my eyebrows. She smiled,"there's my beautiful smile."

"Then if you die first you have to wear the color pink and if I die first I'll wear the color..."

"Green, it's my favorite color," I said. She stuck her tongue out at me. I knew that was her least favorite color.

"Good morning Mackenzie. I think they're ready for you," a man said. His voice screamed authority. I looked up at him. He smiled directly at me then stared like he was searching through my eyes.

"Seb, this is Alpha Camden," Mack said. He held his hand out to shake. I shook his hand and put my hands back in my pocket.

"So you're her mate then," he said. I nodded.

"They're ready for you Mack," he said grunting and walking away. I watched him then turned around.

"Okay, you want me to go with you?" I asked squeezing her hand. She shook her head and went to stand on the small stage beside a podium.

She cleared her throat in the speaker. Every eyes turned to look at her. She seemed to squirm on the stage as she was unfolding a paper. She sighed.

"My mother Bella Rose Ross died yesterday. She used to read me fairytales every night. Five minutes before she died she read me beauty and the beast. She told me not to cry for her," she started and paused. She took a deep breath and started up again,"no one could ever replace my mother. She was a strong woman and always taught me right from wrong. My mother is forever in my heart and this is it."

Mack finished wiping tears from her face. Someone handed her a single white rose. She put the rose on top the book in her mothers hand. A man closed the top of the casket and handed her a shovel.

She wiped some more tears off her face and stuck the shovel in the ground starting to dig. The sky cracked above us and started dousing everyone with water. The lucky ones were able to find cover of get an umbrella. I continued to stand in the rain watching her dig a hole for her mother.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Digging a hole is tiring," she said trying to make a joke. I shook my head and hugged her.