Chapter 23: Maya?

Aiden's Pov

"Don't get near me Aiden," her eyes turned back to normal then back into her wolves. She snapped her teeth at me. I pulled away from her.

"Just calm down Mia. Just close your eyes," she looked up into my face. There was that defiant look before she just flipped her head, making her hair fall down into her face.

"I don't have to listen to you Mr. Alpha," she ran her tongue over her canines that dropped from her mouth.

"Mia close your eyes. I know you're in there," her wolf smiled at me.

"Knock knock, there's no Mia here," Maya said rolling her eyes. I sighed and sat down in front of her.

Her claws came out, scratching me across the face. I pulled away from her. Blood ran down my cheeks but I ignored it.

"I've been waiting to do that for so long," she watched her nails retract then licked my blood off them.

I wanted to shake her. I wanted to tell her to give me Mia back. I wanted her to just be Mia.

"Why?" I asked playing with her wolfs game. Maybe it would take me somewhere. Just maybe, I would get Mia back.

She smirked at me,"I told you that she was raped. You haven't done anything. You won't even take the time of day to listen to her-"

"Why does-"

"Don't you dare cut me off Aiden Barnes. You may be the alpha, but right outside this building is the full moon. It makes me just as strong as you. Maybe even stronger," she looked down at the chains on her wrists,"you keep asking for Mia but you're not doing anything to get her back. She let me take over her mind because she just wants a break."

"A break?" I asked crossing my arms. She stared up at me.

"She's not even fighting me. She wants to just be dark for awhile. Death, without the commitment," Maya turned her head from me. I stared at the wall behind her.

"Mia," Maya looked at me with dark eyes. She didn't want me to talk to her,"I just want to talk to her. Just let me tell her I'm sorry. Just let me tell her that I love her."

"Come here," I looked at Maya's nails. They retracted back into her skin just as she said it,"I'm not going to hurt you Aiden."

I sat back in front of her. I was in arms reach. She could cut me again if she really wanted to. I was trusting her though. I was trusting that Mia has enough control over her to not hurt me.

Maya put her hands on my cheeks. I went to pull away but she gripped my cheeks tighter. She was giving me that look. The one where she was surprised that I was going to pull away from her.

She rolled her eyes before talking,"didn't I tell you that I wasn't going to hurt you?"

"You're putting your nails into my skin. That hurts," she frowned then looked deeper into my eyes.

"It doesn't hurt. You're not crying out or trying to pull away from me. You just don't like affection. That's why you love Mia. She didn't use to show you affection when you both were younger. She was more like your best friend. She made you laugh," she pulled her hands back,"now that she's grown up. She wants to show affection, but you're still that seventeen year old boy. You're still just a child."

"I'm seventeen. Not five," I growled. That look of defiant was gone from her eyes. She was just looking at me.

"Age does not matter. You are still a child until you realize that love is what holds everything together. Until you realize that trust is the only thing holding love up. You have a lot to learn Aiden," she took my cheeks in her hands again,"can you still turn into the wolf."

"Sometimes," I let her hold my cheeks even though I was itching to pull away from her.

"I don't see him in you anymore. I can't even tell if he's there. He's yet to even give you his name. That's very abnormal," she put her hands on the ground.

When I looked back at her, she was holding my cheeks again. This time her nails were piercing my skin. I tried to pull away from her but electricity came from her hand, shocking me.

"Open your mouth," I did as she said, opening my mouth. She looked into my mouth then let go of my hands,"your lighting boy is waiting for you outside the door. Don't let him see her like this. I know she doesn't want to be seen this way."

I stood up and walked to the door. The guards let me out then locked it back up. Aaron was waiting outside the prison with Kidd at his side. I wondered why he wasn't asleep yet. It was getting late.

"Hey, why aren't you in bed?" Aaron stared at me for a couple seconds. He was trying to figure out who I was.

"You're him, aren't you?" He asked. Kidd only frowned at him.

"I'm who?" I asked knowing what he was going to say but asking anyways. When you say it out loud, you make it true.

"You're my farther. You're Aiden Barnes. I thought you were dead," he crossed his arms.

He looked just like me but he acted like Mia. I would never have rejected him as my son if I would've lived. I didn't need a DNA test to know he was mine. The proof was right there on his face. My own mother would've slapped me if I told her he wasn't mine. He might as well have been a mini picture of me.

"Stop staring at me," his eyes turned silver just like Mia's. Did that mean that he had the same lightening power,"I want to see my mom. Where is she?"

"You can't go in there," I stood in front of the door. Beside him, Kidd scoffed,"what?"

"I said the same thing about leaving the pack house so late. He rolled his eyes at me and ran," she looked down at him,"he's never been like this. I can't tell what's wrong with him. He's always been a good boy. He's never been this way."

"I want to see my mom," he balled his tiny fists up. I picked him up and carried him into the prison.

Kidd was right behind me, disagreeing already with my choice.

"He's just a child. He shouldn't see this," she was running behind me.

"Apparently I am too," I put Aaron's head down on my shoulder so he couldn't look around me into the cages. She was right. He shouldn't see this, but he did want to see his mother and that's where I was taking him.

Maya wouldn't hurt him. He was her pup. If anything, she would try to take him away from me.

"You've lost your mind Aiden," I turned around, smiling at her. She stopped in her spot.

"You know, I thought the same thing. Now I know, that I've lost my mind a long time ago and now I'm not even looking for it," I turned back around, going to Mia's cage.

Maya looked up at me with her silver eyes. She looked at Aaron in my arms then held her hands out.

"Aaron, keep your eyes closed. Promise me, you won't open your eyes," I walked into the cage. The guards both looked at me like I was crazy. They thought she was going to hurt her own son.

"But why Maya?" He asked, using the wolves name. That meant that he's talked to her before.

"Just promise me Aaron," I sat down on the ground in front of her. She continued to stare at her son.

"I promise," I let him go, putting him in Maya's hands. I hoped I was right. Mia wouldn't hurt her own son. Her wolf wouldn't do it either.

"Why are you not in bed? Why are you not listening to Kidd?" She ran her hands through his hair. He kept his eyes shut and buried his head into her shoulder.

"I wanted to see you. I wanted to know you were okay," he ran his hands through her hair,"why do I have to keep my eyes closed? What will I see if I open them?"

I looked around the cage. There were people in cages. Some of them were just sitting there with their legs up to their chests. Some had blood on them. Others were growling at nothing in particular. Guards were everywhere. It was the full moon.

I didn't want my son to know about the full moon yet. He was too young. The full moon was beautiful, but to werewolves, it could be the difference between life and death.

"You don't want to see."