Chapter 16:I am a queen

Luke's Pov

Mia looked over at me. I ignored her trying to memorize the names of pack members on my phone. My face was giving it away that I was actually listening.

I told her that we're getting married at the end of this week. I didn't even know how that was suppose to work. That was the day my wolf choose so that was the day I said out loud.

She had some asthma attack or panic attack. I didn't even know that wolves could have those kind of things but Mia was an abnormal wolf by herself.

"Are you even listening to me?" I shook my head and looked at Mia. She had her hands on her hips pouting at me.

I reached down and kissed her. She pulled away from me confused. I laughed against her lips.

"What was that for?" She asked quietly while looking back over the crowd that was starting to disappear.

"Because I just wanted to say I forgive you," I pushed the hair out her forehead. Her eyes turned a silver color staring up at me.

It caught me off guard but most things she does catch me off guard. Mia was not a normal Luna and the King would never be able to make her a normal Luna.

She screamed and buckled over. I caught her and pulled her back to her feet. The King was right. The people that were still standing around the stage turned to look at us.

I picked Mia up and walked back to the pack house. She held onto my shoulder tightly, trying to stop the scream from escaping her mouth.

"Listen to me Mia. I'm going to be by your side the entire night. I will not leave you anymore. I promise. I love you," I pushed her hair from her forehead as I was laying her in the bed.

She pushed the blankets away from her and curled up in a ball,"I...I love...you too. Will you...forgive me?"

"Why am I forgiving you?" I put a cold rag on her forehead. Her cheeks were already starting to become flushed and a fever started to come to her body.

"For being...the person I am. I'm sorry," she pulled on my shirt ripping the fabric.

Her eyes turned fully silver until her body started to shine. She screamed again while she was turning into some creature. I stood off the bed looking at her.

She turned into a black leopard with bright gold eyes. There was no way that she was suppose to turn into this. She was a wolf, not this animal.

When she turned back she was out of breath and her clothes were in shreds. I covered her up in the sheet and stood beside her.

Mia's Pov

It felt like I was burning from my insides. Everything seemed to catch fire at once. It was like someone was digging a whole through my stomach.

I laid in the blankets sweating and staring at a blurry picture of Luke.

I pulled myself to a sitting position while starting to feel a dull ache in my side instead of the burning feeling.

"Help...help me downstairs," I pulled on his shoulders to stand up.

That's what I hate about my heat other then the pain. I hate feeling helpless and the slight pain leaking into my voice. As a luna, aren't I suppose to be strong?

"Mia, I think you need to lay down," he sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

My face burned in anger. He was telling me that I needed to lay down. At that moment I just wanted him to get out. Just to get out.