Chapter 9: Boy was I in for something

Luke's Pov

I've been here for two days and already people are calling future alpha. Mia's been avoiding me and Alpha Wright is already making me study territory maps and possible enemy's.

"Alpha, are you lost?" A maid asked me while dusting a mirror. The pack house was bigger here. It was just a big freaking mansion on a hill.

"No," I said rolling my eyes and looking down the next hall. She knew I wold never actually admit I was lost.

"Mia's room is right there," she pointed to the door anyways. I nodded at her and knocked on the door.

"Come in," Mia called. It was a voice I was growing to love all over again if that was even possible.

I walked into the room. Mia was standing on top a stool with maids surrounding her. They were measuring her hips up to her chest.

"Luke," she frowned at the women around her. I waited until they finished the measurements and walked out the room,"what are you doing here Aiden?"

"You've been avoiding me," I stated. She stared down at the floor.

"I know."

"Would you like to tell me why?" I asked shaking my head. Such a Mia move to not elaborate.

"Because I know how I am before my heat and I don't want to scare you," she looked up at me with a smile on her face. She was beautiful when she smiled.

Uh Luke, what are you talking about?

"If we mate with her, then you'll get my name," my wolf bribed me in my head. I only shook my head and watched Mia stare at the ground.

My wolf did not know the percentage of her getting pregnant off of it would be. That would be like a ninety-eight percent chance.

I'm not ready for that.

"Ready for what?" She asked looking up at me.

I realized that I spoke out loud,"ready for you to be pregnant again."

"I know."

"Mia, what's wrong with you? All I'm getting is an I know. What happened to calling me an idiot or a dumbass? You know I live for that," I said then covered my mouth. Why is it that my mouth doesn't work with my mind?

"Aiden-"

"Stop making that face Mia, it makes me want to kiss you," I said then cursed myself in my head again.

"What face?" She asked starting to smirk.

"That one where you call my name," I walked closer to her and touched her lips. I could felt a buzzing under my finger tips but not like normal people feel with the sparks.

"Hmm," she hummed under my fingers. I bent down and brushed my lips across hers then pulled away,"I get bipolar," she whispered while looking up at me. It took me a second to remember that she was talking about her heat.

"Mia, will you go on a date with me?" I asked turning back to her. I could see the lust in her eyes but I didn't feel the same way. I felt nothing. Why was that and what hated me enough to make it that way.

What if Parker and Mia lived. What if my mom lived? Mia and Parker would have special powers because of their near death experience but I have nothing. Why is that?

"Is that one of your famous Aiden Barnes dates?" she asked smirking at me. I laughed.

She was talking about when I would put something over her eyes so she couldn't see anything. One day I took her over the lake for a late night picnic under the stars. It was really beautiful.