Chapter 26: Pigs will fly.

Aiden's Pov

"She only wanted you and only you," Parker crossed her arms and sighed.

"I'm sorry I kept her from you Aiden. I just couldn't stand losing you. You were my everything," Mia's eyes turned back to normal before she just sat on the ground and put her head down," you know you dying was the best and the worst thing that ever happened to me. You died but then I got you back. I had my world back, just in a different person."

Parker huffed,"Luke was never like Aiden. They were too different. Everything he did was different."

"Tell me about Luke. What was different?" I asked. They stared at each other for awhile before Parker opened her mouth.

I didn't understand. Did Mia love me or did she love Luke? How can I be Luke and not be Luke at the same time. It didn't make sense. Mia told me I was just like Luke, but then Parker told me I was very different. How was I different?

"Luke was a leader. He took care of his pack and his children. He made sure that his mate was happy. He fought anyone just to protect her. He lost one mate before. He wouldn't lose his only second chance," Parker looked at the ground when she was talking. She knew Luke was better than me, she just didn't want to admit it to my face.

"But Aiden, I wanted you. I needed you. I didn't want Luke. Why can't you just understand that I love you!" She stood up and yelled at me. I looked up at the lighting behind her.

"It's hard to understand because Luke was a better person than me. Why do you want a druggie and an alcoholic as a mate? I can't even take care of my children. I bet Aaron likes Luke more!" I attempted not to raise my voice but it wasn't working.

"That's not true. He loves you," Mia's eyes were starting to water up or was it just the rain still pouring down on us.

"He doesn't know me," I growled at her. She looked at Parker and crossed her arms.

"Your sisters never liked me. I could never figure out why. She didn't like me when we first met.  I always thought I could get her to like me but I just made her hate me more. When I got you to stop smoking, she was mad at me. I could never figure out why," Parker huffed behind me.

"It's something about you that just speaks bad news," Mia turned and walked out the house.

"Go back to the caves. The Suns going to come up soon," I walked into the pack house.

Mia was up in her room. She was trying to strap a bag over her leg. She had on a black tank top and black jeans.

"What are you doing?" I asked buckling it for her. She sighed and grabbed a jacket. It was a bullet proof vest. Why would she need that?

"What does it look like I'm doing?" She pulled a leather jacket over the vest. Mia really was planning her death. I thought she was just Mia. I didn't think she'd actually do it.

"Are you trying to kill yourself?" I asked leaning against the dresser. She only blinked at me a pulled a gun from her draw. She aimed it at me,"Mia, what the hell?"

She fired the gun. The dart stuck into my chest. I stared at it then fell against the dresser. My hands were fumbling to take it out my shirt.

"What the hell Mia. I think I smell colors," she laughed at me then bent down. It wasn't Mia anymore. It was Maya. I've never heard of a wolf controlling someone after the full moon but I guess it could happen.

It was like thinking that pigs would never fly. Maybe one day when the pug was genetically modified with DNA from a bird, it would grow wings and be able to fly. Everyone who bet pigs would never fly will have dumb looks on their faces, but maybe I was just being stupid. Maybe pigs would never fly. Maybe whatever she shot me with, was getting up my brain.

Of course red smelled like colors though. Doesn't it always? Blue smelled like the ocean. Purple smelled like clean clothes and pink smelled like expo markers. Green smelled like grass of course and white smelled like clouds. What a sec, I've never smelled a cloud. It must've smelled like cotton candy then. Yep, that was right. Cotton candy. Cotton candy smelled so good.

Mia was clapping her hands in my face. I looked up at her and gave her a goofy grin. She frowned at me and looked down at the gun. She said something but it just sound like the people in Charlie Brown. Whomp Whomp Whomp Whomp Whomp Whomp.

"I want cotton candy," I murmured. My voice smelt so weird,"cotton candy. Cootttoonn Caaannndddyy."

I began experiment with other words. Mia continued to look at me like I lost my mind. Maybe I did lose my mind. Didn't I tell some kid that I lost it and wasn't even looking for it? I'm pretty sure I said that, didn't I.

"Shit," Mia said shaking her head. I looked up at her and frowned.

"That's a bad word," I whispered like I couldn't believe she said it. She huffed and sat on the bed. I laughed and got up. I was dealing on my feet. I laughed and fell back on the bed so I was looking up at the ceiling,"you know pigs are going to fly one day?"

"What?" She looked at me and raised her eyebrows.

"Your eyebrows are like caterpillars," I went to touch her eyebrow but she pulled away,"like I was saying, pigs will be injected with DNA from a bird and they will grow wings. Of course a bird and a pig can just fuck and the bird will have a bird-pig or a pig-bird or a big."

"That's a bad word," Mia said like she was scolding me. I frowned.

"What big?" I asked covering my mouth.

"No...its...never mind," she sighed and leaned back in the bed. I nodded and turned on my elbows so I was looking at her.

"You'll have to give me ten dollars when a pig flies," I said. She shook her head.

"Yes, I will give you ten dollars when a pig can fly. Fuck, what I wouldn't give to have a recorder," she shook her head again. Her hair flew around her head.

"That's a bad word," I covered my mouth again.

"But...b...you said it," she looked like she was arguing with herself,"why am I even arguing with you? You are obviously not in your right mind right now. I wonder what's in this thing?"

"So you shot me with a dart that you had no idea what was in it?" I asked. She gasped.

"How are you...but you were just," she kept opening and closing her mouth like a fish out of water.

"You know you're cute when you're at a loss for words," she closed her mouth and but her lip,"I was pretending. It affected me for the first five or so minutes but then I just went along with it. I wanted to see what you would do. It was pretty entertaining actually. You believed me. I was trying to get Maya to let go of you.

"Maya can't control me unless it's the full moon," she frowned at me then looked at the wall behind my head.

"Well she did and I don't think she really seemed to care that much."

----------------------------------------------

I hoped you like reading it. Please vote/ comment.

-makayla8162001