Chapter 13: A month

Mia's Pov

It's been a month. Thirty days of drinking almost only coffee. Thirty days of watching Luke in his coma. Thirty days and it seems he's getting worse. He's still not on a venilator but the doctors say it won't be long. His face had lost all the color and his eyes were blurry.

"Mia,"I turned away from Luke to the door. It was only Kidd. No one important. She only wanted to drag me away.

"What do you want?" I asked turning back to look at Luke. She leaned over me.

"You need to take a shower and eat something, it's not good for the baby. The coffees not good either," she pulled me to a standing position,"plus you smell. The least you could do is take a shower and eat something."

"I'm not hungry," I murmured not bothering to look at her.

"C'mon, I don't need you getting sick," she pulled me out the door. I growled at her once we were outside.

"I can eat in there," I frowned and crossed my arms.

"You need some sun, you're like a vampire," she dragged me out the hallway and to the hospital cafeteria.

She brought a hamburger and double French fries that had my stomach growling. I rubbed my hand over my baby bump. I still didn't know what it was yet. I wanted Luke to be there when I did.

We sat in the cafeteria and she watched me eat then handed me water. I drank it and pushed my tangly hair out my eyes.

"I know you're worried about Luke but you can't let yourself get sick over him," she sighed and pulled my hair out my eyes with a rubber band and put it in a ponytail behind my back.

"I know," I sighed and looked down at my wrists that were full of new cuts. I pulled my coat over them and looked back at her.

"Mia," I jumped and looked around. No one was there, I knew that voice. That voice was in my head.

I jumped out the chair and ran up the stairs. Kidd followed yelling at me to stop running. Nurses jumped out my way as I ran through the hallway and bursts through Luke's door.

Luke's heart monitor was starting to speed up. The doctor ran through the room. He actually looked excited for once.

"He's waking up," he said just as Luke started yelling my name in my head. I winced and leaned on the chair. Kidd ran through the room and to my side to keep me on my feet.

Luke's hands started to move by his sides. The doctor was almost jumping up and down.

"Talk to him," he ordered. I went to Luke's side and grabbed his pale hands. He squeezed mine and started to blink his eyes.

"Luke, you need to wake up I'm right here. Your sister was here," I whispered in his ear as his body began to shift.

I jumped when he just sat up and pulled me into him while kissing my forehead. The doctors and the two nurses high fived each other and did a little happy dance.

"Mia," he cleared his throat before talking again,"you look terrible."

I scoffed and looked down at my clothes. I wore some sweat pants and a large t-shirt that covered the baby bump.

"I'v.."

"She's been here this whole month," Kidd cut in crossing her arms and frowning at me. Luke sent her one look before looking to me and putting his hand on my stomach.

"Why?" He asked looking up to my eyes. When he stood up he had to catch himself on the bed. His left leg wasn't working right. That was a disadvantage to an alpha. Especially one with rogues going after him.