Chapter 15: Don't drown

Mia's Pov

"Be careful dear," I looked up into my mothers eyes. Her eyes showed warning. She was afraid that I was going to drown. I wasn't going to drown.

"Ma, I'm going to be okay," I stepped on top the rocks and put my hands out to balance myself. She smiled and looked back at the magazine she was reading. I could still see that she was watching me from the corner of her eyes.

I jumped across the water to another one. Mom sucked in a sharp breath then let it out when she saw I made it. I wanted that rock. The shiny one with the sparkles on it that looked like diamonds. Mommy loved diamonds.

I jumped getting closer to the rock. It was about to get washed away by the waves of the lake. I jumped last minute and grabbed the rock with my tiny little fingers.

Before I knew it my mother was screaming. I couldn't understand why she was screaming. She was leaning over me now. I just wanted to tell her I got the rock but there was an odd feeling in my tummy. Mommy kept pushing on me, she was crying and screaming for my daddy. What was daddy suppose to do?

Daddy came just as I was starting to see fairies. They were dancing around mommy and daddy. I tried to point them out but they wouldn't listen to me.

I sat up in bed full of sweat and pushed my hair from my face. I grabbed in the draw falling out the bed. My inhaler, it wasn't on my dresser. I crawled over to the other dresser slowly while grabbing at my throat.

"Mia," I ignored the person at the door and continued my slow movement. I just wanted to breathe.

The person leaned down in front of me. Everything was starting at get blurry as I crawled past him. He turned looking at my inhaler and grabbing it off the counter. He looked at it for a second.

"G...Give," I held out my hand for it. He smirked and started to spray the inhaler through the air. I grabbed for it holding onto my neck.

The last thing I remembered where his bright blue eyes before everything went into darkness.

I woke up to a beeping sound. It was annoying like my alarm clock. I punched to the side knocking something over but stopping the awful beeping.

"Luna," I opened my eyes looking into Kidd's. Everything was spinning and felt like I was on drugs.

"What's...whats going on?" I asked tiredly while sitting up. I winced from the movement.

"You had a panic attack last night and your inhaler was empty," she walked closer to me no doubt about to lecture me,"you could've died if Jalin wasn't there. Why weren't you sleeping with Luke?"

"Luke and I aren't in talking terms," I looked down at the shinning wedding ring on my finger then covered it up before she could see it.

"Well I'll tell him you woke up, you just sit and relax," she left the room. I stared at the door for a second before ripping the Iv out my arm and opening the window. I jumped onto the railing and jumped down from the third floor window.

Kidd was going to have a heart attack when she came into the room to find me missing. I don't sit well to people telling me to relax and sit down. I like doing the opposite of what's told. That's why I'm such a bad Luna.

I ran back to the pack house. I walked through the front door. Luke looked up from papers set out on the table. He had to do a double take to make sure it was me. After standing up his phone rang. He turned answering it while I made myself some coffee. Normally my father always makes my coffee.

"Yes, she's here," he turned back to me after ending the call,"I already made coffee. I was going to bring it to the hospital."

"Thanks," I grabbed the coffee. He looked down at the wedding ring on my finger. I took it off and looked at it,"do you want this back?"