Chapter 24: I'm really queen?

Mia's Pov

It was like I was stuck in darkness. I couldn't see anything and I couldn't hear anything. It was like I was dead.

I knew it was the full moon. Something must've controlled me. Could it have been Maya? Have I forgot how to control myself on the full moon?

"No silly, you can't forget," I looked up into a women's eyes. She had long black hair going down to her hips. Her eyes were a creamy brown color.

I almost didn't know who she was.

That woman was my mother. She was standing in front of me with her apron on. It still had flour down the front of it. She looked so alive but she wasn't. Was I hallucinating?

"Mom?" I stood up. We were on the lake. This was the last place I saw my mother.

"Mia, you need to listen to me," she walked to me and held my cheeks. She felt so alive.

"What do mean?" I hugged her. She caressed my hair slowly. I loved her touch. It made all the worries wash away.

She sighed,"someone's after him Mia. The only way to stop it, is to become queen."

"Who, Aiden?" I pulled away from her and looked up at her face. My mother never seemed to be rushing. She was always laid back. Right now, she had trouble getting her words out because she couldn't fit everything out her mouth at once.

"The Lightning boy. Your son could tip all of earths balance. They want to start a war. They want him," she pulled my hair out my eyes,"they want your son and you can't let that happen."

"I can't protect him mom. I couldn't even keep you alive," she stopped talking and smiled at me. She wasn't rushing anymore.

"Honey, it was my job to watch you. I gave my life for you. I wanted my child to live her life. I wanted her to find her mate and be happy. I already found my mate. I wanted to die for you to live," she sighed softly,"if you had to die for Aaron to live, would you?"

I nodded quickly.

"You have to become queen. They won't bother you if you own everything," I nodded again.

"You want me to reject Aiden?" I asked slowly. I couldn't do that. I never would be able to.

She burst out laughing. She even snorted in between making her laugh even harder. When she was done, she shook her head and looked back to me.

"You would never reject Aiden. Aiden is your whole world. He just doesn't understand right now. He will though and he will take care of you and his children. He will be the king," she looked behind her.

My father stepped out the forest. He looked like he did before he got sick. His cheeks were still rosy and he had a smile on his face. He smiled at me then looked at my mother.

"You want me to kill him?" I asked. My father shook his head.

"I want you to take his powers. The next time you see him, put your hands right on his forehead. Calm the lightning. Just a little shock. He'll know what's happening to him. After all, you were meant to be queen anyways," he came and hugged me. I was too confused to hug him back.

"Me...queen?" I shook my head.

My father frowned,"you didn't read the book under my bed?"

"I assumed that if you didn't tell me yourself, that you didn't want to tell me. I respect your secrets," I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Your mother was the princess. The king didn't approve of me. I was a little like Aiden. I was diagnosed with brain cancer. I thought what the heck. I did what I wanted. Her father told her to marry someone else. She ran away with me. That is how you're suppose to be the princess and you have to take your throne back," he looked back at the water. It was starting to glitter now.