Step Down (Lisa POV)

While I'm busy fixing a computer in my office, suddenly I'm interupted by a presence of seulgi. "You didn't go for lunch?" I asked curiously and she just shaking her head. Honestly she looks kinda uneasy as she observes whatever I'm doing and somehow it starts to irritate me. Few minutes later I asked her again. "Okay what is it? Seulgi we've been friends for so long. So I know there's something you want to say" she put this awkward smile right after listening to my words."Why didn't you just tell jennie about her parents?" She spilled carefully. I'm actually pretty shocked by her question. "You crazy? I wouldn't want her to have a bad blood with her parents. She's the only daughter. Its fine if I look bad to her. Don't worry, I'll figure it out" I explained while putting a smile on my face. I'm actually trying to hide my trouble. It's actually the day after I had an argument with her girlfriend.

Today I go to jennie's workplace again. But only to end up being confronted by the police. It seems like she reported my action to them and I was being warned not to come again or else they will put me in a jail. I got no other choice except to leave. I guess from now own I could only look at her from a far. I think I'll become a stalker for the next few days.

--

It's 1am as I'm still busy doing my job in my own shop. I know its really late but I'm working hard to improve my own business. While I'm busy checking my stocks, I'm interrupted by a call. I'm surprised soon as I saw irene's name on my phone screen. Why would she call me this late? So I pick it up. "Hello irene?" I checked. "Lisa, sorry for interupting. Jennie.. She's extremely drunk. Do you want to help me send her home?" she answered afterwards. I'm surprised. I mean all this time she's trying to blocked me from interacting with jennie. But now she's giving me a way. "Yes! Sure ofcourse! I'll be there soon. Just share me the location" I responded quickly with my excited tone. I thought I wouldn't have a chance to look at jennie's face today but it seems like its started to get better.

15 minutes later I arrived at the pub. I saw Jennie lying unconcious on the couch. She looks worn out. Suddenly I feel bad. I begin to carried her in piggyback style to my car. Irene is there following me from behind as she help me carrying jennie's handbag. A moment later we arrived at my car, gently I put jennie on the passenger seat. Irene started to hand me jennie's handbag while awkwardly starting a conversation "Lisa I'm sorry about yesterday" I'm kinda surprised and immediately trying to comfort her. "Hey please don't. You're just trying to protect her. I don't have any hard feelings. So don't worry" she started to look at me while showing her sympathy face. "Hmm so where she live now?" I asked. Yes, actually she moved out. I came to her old place like weeks ago, that's how I know she wasn't longer staying there. "I'll send you the location. Thank you lisa" irene replied.

A few moments later I arrived at jennie's place. No kidding, her place looks spacious and screams expensive. And the moment I entered her place, I put her on the living room's sofa while searching for her bedroom. Soon as I found it, I carried jennie to her room. Without hesitation I begin to take off her clothes and changed it to her pajamas. I take my time sitting next to her body while observing her face. Its fascinating. This is definitely the first time ever after 3 years since I could watch her upclose. She look so stunning even when she sleep. I caresses her cheeks for a little bit. Suddenly I feel too overwhelmed. I feel soft by all of these. I stay there for a while before I decided to make her a porridge in the kitchen.

But the moment when I'm about to stand up, I'm shocked by the grip on my wrist. Its jennie and it seems like she is half awake. I feel terrified. Somehow I halt my move and stay sitting on the bed next to her body. Nervously I waited for her respond. She seems to observed my face as she begin to squinting her eyes. I started to feel worried. Is she concious or still drunk? It took me by surprised as I begin to hear her voice "Why did I have to see you everywhere? Can you stop already? 3 years, Its been really tough for me. I feel exhausted and tired. Wasn't it enough? Stop torturing me please I beg you. Please.." Her stares were full of sorrow as she spoke to me softly. A moment later tears started to fall on her face. She begin to cry silently trying to endure her frustration. She is completely in pain. I realised I'm slowly killing her.

Suddenly my heart felt heavy. Now I know, all this time I have been selfish. I never thought I would be affected her this much. She looks miserable. Guilty started to trip on me. I hurt her so bad and she is struggling alone. Something crushing me inside as I begin to learn that my presence is tormenting her. I feel devastated. I feel like a failure. I didn't realised that I was actually tearing her apart. I'm torturing her.

--

I was in a deep thought as I make a porridge in the kitchen for jennie. Her words keep playing in my mind. She is clearly bleeding inside. And I'm the caused. My eyes started to hurt as I remember her crying silently infront of me. Honestly it was too painful to watch. I feel ashamed. I thought I could fix us but I was wrong. I just make it worse. I started sobbing so hard infront of the stove thinking about how much I hurt jennie. I feel weak and about to collapse. I'm not sure if I still deserve her. I realised I took her happiness away. I just ruined everything. Maybe.. It's time for me to step down.