⚡️ 3•2 ⚡️

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮'How can I decide what's right

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
'How can I decide what's right.
When you're clouding up my mind?
I can't win your losing fight,
All the time.'
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

Quills scratched against parchment as the students hurried to take down the notes that appeared on the blackboard. Professor Snape's droning voice echoed throughout the dimly lit classroom as he explained the properties of the ingredients found in a Confusing Concoction.

Strands of red hair fell into her view, irritating Cassie as she tried absorbing the information that was being launched at her. Tucking her hair behind her ear for the tenth time, she turned to glare at the sniggering boy sat to her left. Rolling her eyes at his faux look of innocence, she turned her attention back to her notes to avoid snapping at the irritating boy.

Despite the chilly reputation the dungeons had, Snape's classroom was often veering towards hot due to the cauldron fires that were usually boiling away. Sighing as she started to feel herself heat up, Cassie shrugged out of her robes and continued writing. A hum came from her left and she subtly tilted her head to find Malfoy looking at her. Eyes narrowing at his smirk, she frowned when his eyes flickered to the pristine cardigan that Cassie had neatly buttoned that morning. Each black button gleamed in the flickering candlelight. Not a single one was missing and nor had one been sewn back on with mismatched thread. Simply put, it was the nicest piece of clothing she owned so far.

Waiting until Snape had turned his back on the class momentarily, Cassie's respectful upbringing forced her to lean over to the blond boy and discreetly whisper her thanks.

"Whatever for?"

"It was extremely nice, if not unnecessary, for you to buy me a new cardigan. I'm very grateful."

Soft sniggers escaped from Malfoy's mouth but when he saw the flush to Cassie's face, he fell silent once more. Embarrassment caused the tops of Cassie's ears to turn red. Spine straightening, the redhead turned away from the grey eyed boy, regretting that she had ever expressed her gratitude. Unable to resist the urge to irritate her further, Malfoy leaned over until he was almost at her ear. Harry shot him a dirty look, prepared to defend his friend if the Snake were to upset her.

"How sad it must be to be so poor that a simple school cardigan fills you with such pleasantness."

Ignoring his comment, she refused to inform him that it wasn't so much the act that made her thank him – that made her wish to be nice to him – but rather the meaning behind it. Malfoy was renown for his cruelty. He had the ability to act as if he was entitled to whatever he wished to have and never gave a thought to how his behaviour would effect others. Possessions were of little value to him, especially if they belonged to others and if he broke his own, the family fortune could easily afford him something better. Paying to replace a cardigan he ruined of someone he despite was very uncharacteristic of him and Cassie believed his behaviour had been worth acknowledging.