⚡️ 3•6 ⚡️

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮You get everything you wantAnd money always talks To the idiot savants    ╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
You get everything you want
And money always talks
To the idiot savants   
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

Moonlight filtered in through the badly-drawn curtains that were next to Lavender Brown's bed. The rest of the Third Year girls had told their dorm-mate numerous times to ensure she shut them properly. Yet each morning, they woke to the sun shining in their eyes and Lavender was still blissfully asleep. Soft beams slid across the room, illuminating the slight sheen of sweat coating the young Weasley's face. Legs twisted in the blanket, Cassie kicked out as she slept fitfully. Turning over, a small whimper came from the back of her throat. Beneath closed lids, her eyes moved rapidly as she fought against whatever was haunting her dreams.

A sob tumbled past her lips and she tossed once more, rousing Hermione from her own sleep. Snores came from Lavender's section of the room, muffled slightly when she snuggled deeper into the covers. Parvati Patil let out a small cough before flipping onto her stomach and burrowing her head under the pillow. Neither one of them showed any signs of hearing the effects of Cassie's dark dreaming. Quiet – albeit hysterical – pleas bubbled past the pale girl's lips and she kicked out in an attempt to fight off the demons plaguing her.

Pushing back the covers, Hermione slid out of her bed. Crossing the five feet of space between them, the bushy-haired girl reached Cassie's bed. Hermione had chosen the section of the room that was closest to the door whilst Cassie – who was placed to the right of Hermione – had the bed closest to the bathroom. (Well, chose was to imply they had voluntarily picked their beds when in truth, they had been told where to sleep by their other two roommates). Perching on the edge of her best friend's bed, Hermione gently brushed her hand through the red locks splayed across the pillow. As she stroked, she made soothing sounds in the hopes of easing her friend's pain. Even though her body stopped thrashing, Cassie's chest heaved as her heart pounded frantically. Just as Hermione's hand connected with Cassie's shoulder so as to rouse her from sleep, green eyes shot open.

Wild eyes darting around the room, her body remained immobilised as her brain struggled to process where she was. Her breath came out in pants as she took in the four familiar bedposts. Body trembling, Cassie shivered as her shaky hands accepted the glass of water from her friend. Apologising for waking her, the Weasley gently coaxed Hermione back into her own bed after promising that she was fine.

Stumbling into the bathroom, the frightened girl ran the cold tap before splashing the ice water onto her face. She was okay. She was alive. Cassie patted her face dry with the grey towel that belonged to her (Lavender's was pink, Parvati's was a fluffy white and Hermione's was a neatly folded red). A sliver of her face showed in the mirror and she caught a glimpse of her ghostly appearance. Staring at her pale face and blotchy eyes, a blinding flash of green filled up the glass. A petrified squeak bubbled past her lip as she whirled around. Head smacking on the corner of the bathroom cabinet, pain raced down her spine. Ignoring the trickle of blood, she stared at the space between her and the door, expecting a dark-robed figure to materialise from the shadows. There was nothing there. No dead bodies. No pleading wails. She was all alone.