⚡️ 3•3 ⚡️

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮I knew a boy just like you He's a snake, just like you Such a fake, just like you But I can see the truth ╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
I knew a boy just like you
He's a snake, just like you
Such a fake, just like you
But I can see the truth
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

Excitement crackled through the Gryffindor Common Room as students chatted energetically amongst themselves. Candles flickered throughout the room as the sky darkened. Only one sleep separated the Third Year students and above from the first Hogsmeade trip of the year. For those who had been before, the students were looking forward to stocking up on their favourite confectioneries or (especially in the twins' case) replenishing their collection of Zonko's products. For the students who would be visiting for the first time, they were excited to sit in The Three Broomsticks sipping Butterbeer or enjoying their first taste of freedom.

Curled up by the fire with her Potions essay, Cassie glanced up at the sound of Harry's footfalls. An exhausted look was painted on his face. Cassie scrambled to move her books out of the way so that he could sit beside her on the couch. She had been reserving the seat for him with all her textbooks, and had glared at those brave enough to ask her to move them. Oliver had been pushing the Quidditch team harder than ever due to it being his last chance to win the Quidditch Cup. Even the twins had spent over an hour complaining about how gruelling practice was.

"He's taking time away from pranking." Fred moaned whilst Cassie tried to eat her sandwich.

"I don't even want to prank," said George in horror, stealing his sister's crisps. "I just want to sleep."

Head dropping back so it could rest on the sofa, Harry barely managed a laugh when his friend did a shockingly accurate impression of the intense Quidditch Captain. Barging his way through the crowd, Ron joined the duo by the fire. Shoving Harry over so that he was practically sat in Cassie's lap, Ron plonked himself down on the end of the sofa. He swung his feet up onto the table. Glaring at her disrespectful brother, the female twin snatched her textbook out from under him, brushing off the mud he had left behind. After having spent the entire day complaining about how unfair McGonagall was for not letting Harry go to Hogsmeade, Ron had shifted his narrative into discussing the wonders the village had to offer.

A crestfallen look cut off the yawn Harry had been about to release. Tomorrow was bound to be difficult for him regardless – he was missing out on the trip that the school had been discussing for weeks, and his friends were abandoning him on a day that brought nothing but heartache anyway. Observing silently, Cassie waited for Ron and Hermione to be distracted by sharing facts between themselves. The bushy-haired girl had been surprised by how much the ginger knew and allowed him to teach her as much as he could about the Wizarding Village. Discarding her parchment, Cassie lowered her voice as she told Harry about her plans for tomorrow.

"You don't have to stay here just for me." Harry protested.

Brushing off his disapproval, she explained that she didn't feel up to walking too much. She wasn't built for physical exercise was the excuse she gave him before assuring him that staying behind wasn't at all for his benefit but hers.