⚡️ 3•4 ⚡️

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮If I told you what I wasWould you turn your back on me?And if I seem dangerousWould you be scared? ╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
If I told you what I was
Would you turn your back on me?
And if I seem dangerous
Would you be scared?
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

For the days that followed the attack on the Fat Lady, Cassie was aware that she had gained a new companion as she ventured throughout the castle. Usually she travelled from one class to the other with Hermione by her side, gossiping about the latest castle news or discussing the book they had both finished reading. After the incident on the night of Halloween, the Head Boy accompanied her.

In the beginning, Percy had attempted to behave nonchalantly. He acted as if he had happened upon her on her way to lunch and casually asked how her morning lessons had gone and what she planned to do after dinner. When she had spotted him leaning against the corridor wall after her fourth period Potions lesson, she became suspicious. Molly had most likely written to him and demanded he keep an eye on Cassie.

For the past two years, Cassie had proven to her mother that if there was trouble to be found within the castle, she would find it. First Year – she had broken her ankle serving detention in the Forbidden Forest and found herself going down a trapdoor guarded by a three-headed dog. Second Year – she had wandered into the Chamber of Secrets and came face-to-face with a Basilisk. Whilst she may technically have fewer detentions than the twins, Molly swore her eldest daughter was certainly the one in the most trouble. Therefore, Cassie had allowed Percy's hovering to slide for the first day or two, but now she wasn't sure if he was a chaperone or a warden.

Doing their best to ignore the pompous guard dog, the two girls shuffled out of their History of Magic lesson feeling bored and in dire need of the toilet. A frustrated grunt seeped through Cassie's clenched teeth. Hermione giggled when Percy pushed off from the wall opposite them and followed. He was always following. Storming past her long-legged brother, Cassie ignored him and stormed down the hallway. Her patience had officially run out. Hand resting on the doorknob to the bathroom, the redhead turned to face the boy who stood too close considering where she wished to go.

"Merlin, Percy! You can't come in here with me! Will you just back off? If I come out and you're still here, I swear I will hex you worse than I've ever used on Ron."

Face paling, Percy nodded vigorously before scampering off. Molly Weasley was a force to be reckoned with but she was currently at home in Devon. If she found out he had abandoned his post, Percy would suffer her wrath. Cassie, however, was currently living under the same gargantuan roof. She would be the one to cause him pain now.

Cassie smirked, watching him leave. "I love instilling fear into the hearts of men."

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

Slumped over her desk, Cassie's chin rested on the palm of her hand as she patiently awaited the start of her Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson. Professor Lupin's lessons had became a fast favourite of hers and she was tempted to ask if he could replace Snape as Potions master so she would enjoy attending those lessons as well. Potions was a subject that intrigued her greatly but she couldn't stand who taught it. If not for Severus Snape, Potions would be a contender for her favourite subject (alongside Care of Magical Creatures).