⚡️ 3•1 ⚡️

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮'I'm not your friend

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━━━ ⋅𖥔⋅
'I'm not your friend.
Or anything, damn.
You think that you're the man
....
Stop.
What the hell are you talking about?'
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

Voices hushed, the Golden Quartet discussed the latest bit of trouble that Harry had managed to land himself in, being mindful not to wake their sleeping Professor. Scoffing in disagreement, Cassie made it abundantly clear that Harry was not factually correct when he stated he didn't go looking for trouble. Two years worth of education proved him wrong. In fact, she could distinctively remember last year when she had begged him to not go towards the trouble but instead ask a teacher for help and he had completely disregarded that.

Cheeks tinted pink, Harry fell silent when Ron began babbling on about Hogsmeade. Perhaps for the first time since they had met her, Hermione wasn't the one spitting out facts about the village and she looked rather perplexed that the ginger boy knew so much. Glumly, Harry admitted that he would be unable to join them in visiting the magical Wizard village as he hadn't convinced the Dursley's to sign his permission slip – blowing up his Aunt had ensured that he would never get it signed. Patting her friend sympathetically on the back, Cassie promised to bring him back a whole bunch of sweets from Honeydukes, relieved when a smiled returned to her messy-haired friend's face.

An hour after lunch, the Trolley Lady made her usual appearance and the four Third Years ordered their usual bounty. Professor Lupin showed no sign of waking for the remainder of the journey but his presence proved useful when Draco Malfoy hunted them down for the first time that year. Cassie had hoped that she would be able to avoid him for at least one day.

Over the summer, he had appeared to have grown exponentially and she was dismayed to realise that he was no far taller than she was (much like Ron and Harry).

"Do you ever stop talking?" Cassie drawled, attempting to keep her anger under tight wraps when he begun insulting her mother. Some part of her was relieved that he was back to normal after his nice moment last year. "You might wake the Professor with your grating voice."

Taking a step back, Malfoy noticed the other companion of the compartment for the first time and his face contorted with disappointment. His desire to antagonise the Lions would have to wait. Not one to pick a fight in front of a teacher, the rule following Snake turned and walked back the way he came. He would have to get the volatile reactions he wanted some other time.

As Ron informed his friends how he wouldn't take any of Malfoy's taunts this year, the weather outside took a drastic turn for the worse. The sky darkened rapidly. The rain hammered against the window and the wind whistled through small gaps in the panes.

Resting her head against Harry's shoulder, Cassie pulled her book out and squinted at the pages through the lantern light. Just as she was becoming invested in the story, the train came to a screeching halt. Confusion flitted across the redhead's face as the train ride felt much shorter than the past two years. Hermione glanced down at the time on her watch just as lamps sputtered out.