Chapter 5: Strea and the Murder Investigation

4 months later, David is seen walking around town. He still had his emotionless eyes even though he had already encountered, met, and befriended Silica. He had come a long way even since the Death Game and the death of his friend, Kamiki. His thoughts were interrupted by a notification: a meeting about defeating the next boss.

David: (sighs) Guess I'll be going now.

David heads to the teleport gate.

When he arrives at the meeting, he was with Kirito, The Black Knights, the Fuurinkazan Guild, Knights of Blood Oath, and other Guilds. Then, their leader, Asuna, spoke up.

Asuna: We'll lure the field boss into the village.

Everyone gets shock.

Kirito: W-Wait a second. If you do that, the villagers...

Asuna: That's the plan. When the boss is busy killing the NPCs, we can kill it.

Simon: Are you insane?! That's just wrong!

David: ...

Kirito: NPCs aren't just 3-D objects like trees or rocks. They're...

Asuna: Alive? Is that it? They're only objects. Even if they're killed, they'll just respawn.

David: (emotionless) Sorry, but I'm against this.

Everyone then turned towards David. Asuna was pissed off a bit.

Asuna: (glaring at David) And why won't you, David?

David: (emotionless glare) I rather be the bait and die then the NPC's nothing matters to me anymore not even life itself.

Ashley looks at him with a saddened look.

Ashley: David...

Asuna: I, Asuna, second in command of the Knights of the Blood Oath, was assigned to lead this mission, and you will do as I say.

Then, David continue to give Asuna a emotionless glare while she glares back at David.

After the meeting, the Assault Team leaves the cave.

Simon: Jeez. David still has those eyes.

Koharu: Is he going to be ok?

Simon: I hope so.

Philia: You said that he was with a girl four months ago, right?

Simon: Yeah. But that's not enough to cheer him up.

Koharu: I hope he'll be ok.

???: You three are talking about David.

Then, Simon, Koharu and Philia turn to see Lirio approaching them.

Simon: Hey, Lirio. Yeah. He's been so... bland.

Lirio: It's rough for him to lose someone close to him.

Philia: I know how it feels like.

Simon pulls his hood off and lets his wolf ears come out, which the Beta Guild already know that he was a Faunus. They look towards David walking away.

Ashley: I'll go talk to him.

Lirio: Later, Ashley. Just give him some time to himself.

Ashley: Ok...

A few hours later, David is seen taking a nap under a tree with Kirito and Simon while Koharu, Philia, and Ashley were in town doing their own thing. Then, Asuna walks up towards them. Her hand was on her hips as she glares at the trio.

 Her hand was on her hips as she glares at the trio