Chapter 15: Back to Reality (SAO Arc Finale)

After the boss was defeated everyone relaxed for a bit.

Excalibur: Man. That was one tough boss.

Emerald: Yeah.

Lie: Still this is what everyone has to go through.

Thor: How long will this go on?

Simon: David, how many players died?

David opens up his holo-window and checks to see how many died.

David: 14 people died.

Everyone around the room, except Heathcliff, were all shocked to hear the news.

Agil: You've gotta be kidding me.

Neptune: Are we gonna make it?

Klein: We still have 25 floors left.

Agil: How will we make it to the top?

David stays silent and sees Heathcliff just standing their. He realizes something is wrong with him and picks up his Braveheart.

Ashley: David? What's wrong?

David charges at Heathcliff using Vorpal Strike but he shows as an immortal object.

David: I knew it!

Rosey: Jaden! What are you doing?

Ashley: Why did you--

Ashley gets a flashback from back at the Black Iron Palace on Floor 1 when both Saber and Yui were shown as immortal objects.

Ashley: An immortal object?

Asuna: Commander, what is the meaning of this?

David: I'll explain. His HP gauge is protected by the system, no wonder why it never hits yellow. Ever since the first day, I've been asking, where is he watching us and controlling the world from when everyone else is out here fighting? But I've overlooked something obvious. It's something even a child would know. There is nothing more boring than watching others play an RPG from the sidelines. Isn't that right, Akihiko Kayaba?

Simon: No way.

Rosey: That's Kayaba?!

Heathcliff: For future reference, can you tell me how you figured it out?

David: When you and Kirito had that duel back at the arena, I noticed that you pulled off a really fast attack. It was too fast.

Simon: Not only that, but time just stopped too.

Heathcliff: I thought so. That was my mistake. When I was overwhelmed by your tactics, I carelessly activated the systems over-assist mode.

Kirito: Why you!

Xiao: So you cheated?!

Heathcliff: You can say that. Yes, I am Akihiko Kayaba. And now that all of you know who I am. It's no surprise that I am the final boss on Floor 100.

Everyone starts getting freaked out.

Excalibur: You've gotta be kidding me.

Ashley holds onto David.

David: What a strange turn of events. The strongest player in SAO becomes the games final boss.

Simon: Why are you helping us? Just so you can slaughter all of us when we make it to tge 100th floor?

Heathcliff: Not a bad turn of events, don't you think? I expected that the player standing before me would be none other than the Gale Swordsman. The dual wielding skill is granted to the player with the fastest reflexes, who would then become the hero who defeats the demon king. And no I won't slaughter any of you here.