Chapter 48: Leveling Up and Bad Memories

Somewhere in the city

Jaden is seen thinking of a strategy to defeat Eiji as he was in deep thoughts for it.

Jaden's mind: I need to think of a way to beat Eiji. There is no way he's going to hurt more SAO people out there.

???: Gale?

Jaden snaps out of his thoughts and sees Misumi in front of him.

Jaden: Hey...

Misumi: What are you doing here?

Jaden: I'm thinking of a strategy to beat someone.

Misumi: I see. Mind if I join in?

Jaden: Sure.

Misumi joins in and stands beside him.

Misumi: I heard of what happened to Ashley. I'm so sorry.

Jaden: It's alright. I wasn't fast enough to prevent that from happening. Misumi, be careful when we're at the boss raids. I don't want you to lose your memories of SAO.

Misumi: I'll be fine. I was thinking about helping you with Team RWBY.

Jaden: I'm okay with that.

Misumi: Anyway, I think it's best we go.

Jaden: Sure.

Timeskip

Jaden texts Team RWBY about his situation. And they agreed to help him.

Jaden: I guess I have to wait.

Then, Penny flies down and reports Jaden about Simon's whereabouts.

Jaden: Penny.

Penny: (shakes her head) I can't find him. General Ironwood managed to deploy a drone to search for him, but Simon only destroyed it.

Jaden: Oh...I'm sorry.

Penny: Don't be. He just feels guilty for siding with Eiji.

Jaden: ...Penny...I'm sorry for driving your friend away...

Penny: Jaden, it wasn't your fault; it was this Eiji guy who did this to him and you. There's nothing you could do.

Jaden: But I...

Penny: Please, stop blaming yourself. You've already suffered a lot and don't bring those memories back to you anymore.

Jaden: I wonder how much you grown not as a robot but as girl.

Penny: I... don't know either.

Jaden: (hugs Penny) I'm proud of you my robotic sister.

Penny: Wait. Did I just hear that right?

Jaden: When I said that you're a sister to me?

Penny: Yes! (hugs Jaden tight, which nearly crushes his bones) And I'm glad to have a little brother!

Jaden: Ack! Same...here...can't breathe...!

Timeskip

Jaden and Penny were waiting for Team RWBY to arrive. It was almost time for the boss fight.

Jaden: I told Kazuto everything. He said he's doing the same thing in a different location.

Penny: I hope he's doing okay.

Jaden: Yeah.

Soon, Team RWBY arrived along with Team JNPR.

Ruby: Sorry we're late!

Jaden: What kept you?

Yang: Well, (gesturing Weiss) someone here decided to study when people are in danger.