Chapter 35: Queen Of The Lake (Calibur Arc)

At Jaden's apartment

News reporter: There are only three days left in this year. How are you all doing?

Jaden and Rin were eating breakfest.

Rin: Were you up late again?

Jaden: Yeah. Homework for school, mechatronics.

Rin: Mecha-what? (Looks at a specific article) Hey, Jaden look at this.

Rin puts the tablet in Jaden's face.

Jaden: What? Someone found the Holy Sword Excaliber in ALO?! Someone finally got it, huh?

Rin: Hey calm down. Just read carefully... It's only been found. That's all. No one actually has it yet.

Jaden: *Sigh* What? Don't scare me like that. (Several months ago, on an Arum plateau, Leafa, Kirito and I were swallowed by a giant worm monster, and dropped into the underground world known as "Jötunheim." There, we saw Tyrant-class humanoid with four arms attacking a Tyrant that looked like a combination of an elephant and a jellyfish. Leafa asked me and Kirito to save the one that was being bullied, so we baited the four-armed Tyrant away, and lured it into a lake, where the elephant-jellyfish Tyrant finished it. Leafa named the jellyfish thing "Tonkii," and it grew eight wings, and carried us to the path to the upper world. On our way there, we saw a huge labyrinth hanging from beneath the World Tree, and a golden long sword that glistened at its base, Excalibur.) I was planning to get it at some point, but...

Rin: You've been spending way too much time in New Aincard.

Jaden: But how did they find it? Players can't fly in Jötunheim. And it's high enough that, unless you fly, you can't see its location.

Rin: Maybe someone succeeded in saving one of Tonkii's friends, and triggered the quest flag like you did. But that means it may be only a matter of time until someone clears the dungeon and gets the sword.

Jaden: True.

Rin: So what will you do?

Jaden: *Clear's thoart* Rin, there's more to a VRMMO than looking for rare items.

Rin: Yeah. Even if the weapon's stats make you stronger...

Jaden: But I think Tonkii wanted us to find it, and that's why he showed it to us. I bet, in his heart, he's hoping we can clear the dungeon.

Rin: In that case. I'm in.

Jaden: Okay! Up to a few people can ride Tonkii, right? Which means you, me, Simon, Kirito, Leafa, Ashley, Asuna, Klein, Liz, Silica, Team RWBY and Team JNPR...That leaves one. Agil has his shop to look after, and we can't rely on Chrysheight. Recon's in Sylph territory. I could ask Rain to help out.

Rin: Why not that Sinon chick?

Jaden: (Snaps his finger) Great Idea!

Rin: I'll contact everyone. You should talk with your girlfriend.

Jaden: Right. Plus we should all meet up for an after party.

Then, Rin looks at Jaden and just blinks a few times.