Chapter 9: Blue Eye Demon

Within the dungeon a solo player is seen walking about with her scythe. Wearing dark purple with white sleeves, short lavender corset and white chest plating. Her face is shown underneath her hood, it was Mito.

Mito: I know they came this way but where did they go?

Mito continues to walk until she hears four sets of screaming and running.

Mito: What was that?!

Then, Mito runs towards the source and sees David, Simon, Kirito and Asuna hiding behind something catching some air.

David: That boss is going to be tough.

Kirito: Well. The weapon it has is a large sword which probably has a special ability.

Simon: What do you suggest we do?

Asuna: We should probably get strong vanguards and switch frequently.

Mito: Asuna?

Asuna: Mito!

Mito: What's wrong and why are you tired?

David: We ran out of the boss room.

Mito: You found the boss room?!

Simon: Yeah, but we're sure as hell not going back there?!

Kirito: Plus, it wouldn't hurt to have about ten shield users.

Asuna: Shields, huh?

Kirito: What?

David: What's the matter?

Asuna: You're hiding something aren't you?

Simon: What do you mean?

Asuna: I mean, it's weird. The whole point of using a one-handed is to use a shield with it. But I haven't ever seen you three use one.

Mito: She's right. I never seen you three using a shield at all?

Asuna: I don't use a shield because it will slow down my rapier. Some people might feel like a shield wouldn't fit with their style. And you three aren't even using the swords Liz forged for you three. So suspicious...

Neither Simon, David or Kirito try to hold it but they were about to until Asuna talk again.

Asuna: Well, whatever! It's rude to harass people about their skill choices. I know it's kind of late, but how about lunch you three? Mito, you want to join?

Mito: Sure.

Kirito: Is...is it something you made?

Asuna: Yep. I did. Gloves off first, though.

Kirito: S-Sure!

Then, Asuna gives the three of them a sandwich.

Kirito: Delicious.

Simon: Yeah.

David: Man. These sandwiches are great.

Kirito: You're a really good cook Asuna.

Mito: I never knew you were this good.

Asuna: Thanks.

David: So, what flavor is this anyway?

Asuna: Well, it took me a year of training and experimenting. I made it by figuring out the interactions between the hundred or more flavorings in Aincrad, and analyzing the effects on the taste simulation engine's parameters.

Simon: You've done your research well.

Asuna: Thanks. And over here is a mix of growgwa seed, shubul leaf, and carim water.