Chapter 21: Grand Quest

After flying for two or four hours. David, Simon, Saber, Strea, Kirito, and Leafa arrive at Alne. The city at the base of the World Tree.

Leafa: Wow!

Strea: This place looks amazing.

Leafa: I know right?

Kirito: The World Tree.

Saber: So this is Alne.

Leafa: Yeah, right in the center of Alfheim and is also the largest city in the world.

David: We finally made it.

Yui: This is my first time coming to a huge city.

Leafa: Me too.

David: It seems nice.

Leafa: And the lights in the mineral towers even look like stardust.

A system announcement comes up.

System Announcement: Attention. The server will go offline and undergo a scheduled maintenance from 4 AM to 3 PM. All players please log out in the next ten minutes.

Simon: We should look for some place to stay so we can log out.

David: Yeah.

Kirito continues to look up at the tree.

Kirito: Ok.

David: It's going to be fine man. Let's go then. I'm low on money so we should stay somewhere that's not expensive.

Leafa: That's what happens when you donate everything you have to someone like Sakuya.

Strea: I guess sometimes you're reckless when it comes to money.

David: Ehehe.

Leafa: Hey Yui, is there a cheap inn we can stay at?

Yui: Yeah. There's one over there. And it's super cheap.

Leafa: Super cheap? Great.

Saber: Let's go.

Timeskip to the next day...

Jaden is seen in front of Kamiki's grave, visiting him.

Jaden: Hey...bro. I'm sorry for not visiting for the past few days...I...I've been helping Kirito to go save Asuna. For some reason, when SAO was cleared, she and the remaining 300 players haven't woken up. We think that she might be inside a game called ALfheim Online.

Jaden then looks down sad.

Jaden: I miss you man... Not a day goes by that I don't think about you...I wish you were here...

???: Jaden?

Then, Jaden turns around to see an old friend of his.

Jaden: Jaune?

Jaune: Hey.

Jaden: What are you doing here?