Chapter 41: Journey's End

3 days after Yuuki has suddenly logged out, Asuna sits down somewhere near the Sleeping Knights guild hall. She starts thinking about Yuuki, and she sends a message asking her to answer her, but it couldn't send because she was offline. David shows up.

David: Hey...

Asuna: David? What are you doing here?

David: I haven't seen Yuuki, so I went here to see if she's here.

Asuna: Well... she's not...

David: Oh...

David then thought back after that happened in the Black Iron Palace 3 days ago.

David: Yuuki.

Siune shows up.

Siune: Asuna, David.

Asuna: Siune? What happened to Yuuki? We're worried about her.

Siune: Ever since she logged out, we also weren't able to get a hold of her. Listen, I don't think Yuuki wants to see you guys again. It's for your own good, and nobody else's.

Asuna: But why? Actually, I think you guys were trying to keep your distance from us. We can stay away from you if we're too much of a bother. But we can't accept it if you say it's for our sake!

Siune: That's not it! We're really happy we have met you. It's thanks to you and David that we were able to have one last happy memory of this world. I believe Yuuki feels the same way. So please, just forget about us.

David: ...Fine...

Asuna: David.

David: But tell me... Why would you even say that? Wouldn't we still be friends even if the guild has disbanded?!

Siune: I'm... sorry.

Siune opens her holo-window and logs out.

David: Siune! Hold on!

They then walk out and saw Simon.

Simon: A happy beginning ends up with a sad ending.

David: What are you doing here?

Simon: Heard everything.

David: Get out, will you?

Simon: Honestly, I was just here for a visit.

David: ...

Asuna: Simon, stop it. We're not in the mood for your annoying attitude.

Simon: Listen, I'm just here finding clues.

David: What kind of clues...

Simon: About your friend.

Asuna: Yuuki? Do you know where she is?

Simon: That's what I'm here for. Tears of sadness always have the answer that you're looking for.

David: I see...

The next day...

Jaden is seen walking towards the school still sad about Yuuki.

Jaden: (Yuuki...)

Sara: David? What's wrong?

Jaden: It's nothing...

Sara: "Nothing", huh? You've been like this since the passed three days.

Jaden: It's nothing. Really.

Sara: David, answer me. Now.

Jaden: Alright, you remember the Imp girl from floor 24.