school

Y/n's pronouns are she/they ;), enjoy my story. sorry if you have different pronouns, i never see she/they used so i thought it might be good for representation🤍

"Dad!" I shouted.
"He's busy," Pepper said, standing in my doorway.
"With what may i ask?"
"Even I don't know."
"Pepper, can u turn off my lights."
"You can call me mom," pepper sighs as she flicks my switch, revealing the blue design i painted on my wall, "did your dad approve of this?"
"Oh please. He won't even notice," I joked, even if it was true.
"Get some rest," Pepper replied, ignoring my sass and closing the door.
I sighed, wrapping up my mess as i heard a knock on my door.
"What're you up to?" my dad asked.
"The usual."
"It's something new everyday, just tell me."
"Today it's painting."
"Art... fun," he said, uninterested.
"Do you need something?" i glared at my father.
"No. Good night sweetie," he said, shutting my door.
I rolled my eyes, "Monday, turn the lights on low light."

"Sure thing ma'am," Monday said in her robot voice as the lights dimmed.
I threw the extra paint into my trash can and hear a bang from outside my room.
"The frick?" i asked, "Monday, has someone broken into the house?"

"You know I have no control of knowing that," she replied and I frowned, "yeah yeah."
I snuck out of my room and into the kitchen. "Awake still?" asked Steve, sipping from a mug.
"Damnit, you scared me!"
"Language."
"Oh cut it. I know you've said worse."
"Why are you up so late?"
"I could ask you the same thing mister America."
"Can't sleep. Your turn."
"Project."
"What kind?"
"Art...in a way."
"You know it's be a lot easier picking one hobby," Steve joked.
"Oh please. I hardly have any hobbies. Computer science... and art. That's it!" I whined.
"There's multiple courses of art you know. You should narrow it down, that way you can choose your career path easier."
"I'm only 15," i said, "you're treating me like I'm heading to college tomorrow."
"Did tony tell you?"
...
"Tell me what?" I asked, walking slowly towards Steve.
"What's going on here?" asked Nat, my dad following her. Clint leaned against the counter and raised an eyebrow at me and I shot him a confused look. "Did you tell her?" Steve whispered to my dad, and he rubbed his face tiredly. "y/n..." he said, patting a seat beside him. I sat down curiously.
"Why's everyone looking at me?" I asked and Nat crossed her arms.
"So, y/n..." Steve started, "Your father thought it'd be a good idea for you to... be more social."
"What?"
"We want you to have friends," nat smiled.
"We want you to be... involved," dad corrected her suggestively.
"How would you feel about, joining a community?" he continued.
"Wait-, the Avengers!?" I asked happily.
"No kid," Sam said and I glared at him, "your dad is talking about school."
"I'm homeschooled," I said.
"We think, it would be best, if you went to... a public school," said dad.
I shot Natasha a questionable look, "there's not any public schools here?"
"Don't be mad y/n," Steve said, rubbing the back of his neck.
"I'm not mad I'm confused," I mumbled.
"The school is awhile away, in Queens," my dad said.
"How will I get there? You can't be seen," I started questioning, "I like homeschooling. Why are we doing this? what?"
"Look y/n, how about you sleep on it," Steve said and Nat sighed, "It starts tomorrow. she doesn't really have a choice."
"Ugh!" I whined "this is unfair!"
"y/n, like Steve said, sleep on it, you're tired," rhodes said. I knew he was right so I said good night and went to bed grumpy.

.............................................................................

"Rise and shine sleepy head," I heard pepper say. "no, I'm good," I groan, rolling over.
"Come on y/n, you have school," she says.
"Don't remind me."
"It'll be fun!"
"Again, don't remind me."
Pepper sighed and left the room.
I rolled off my bed and onto the floor, "ouch damnit!"