3 - Trips, I hope you do

a few weeks had passed since school started and michelle, ned, peter and i had become good friends. We hung out almost everyday, but i tried to only be with Michelle and Ned. My dad had accidentally made me suspicious of Peter. Or maybe that was his intentions all along.

"did you guys hear we're going on a grade trip?" asked Betty, who occasionally sat with us at lunch.

"yes, i'm overly excited," i exclaim as ned agrees with a happy nod.

"i don't know, our trips are usually pretty boring," michelle says to me.

"have some enthusiasm michelle," i joke.

"no one really calls me that. call me mj," she said. "and if you expect disappointment, you won't be disappointed."

"anyways, does everyone have a seat partner?" Asks Peter.

"im sitting with ned," exclaimed betty and they ample at each other lovingly.

"i'm sitting alone thanks," mj adds and scribbles into her notebook. I try to sneak a peek but she hides it in her lap.

"well y/n, do you have a seat partner?" asks peter, snapping my attention away from mj's mysterious doodles.

"no i don't," i reply.

"Do you want to be mine?" he ask.

apparently mj wasn't listening to the sentence before that and makes wiggly eyebrows at peter, "oooh does peter have feelings for y/n?"

"What?!" peter's tone changes.

i laugh, trying not to turn pink as ned shakes his head, "no mj, peter was referring to seating partners."

"sure he was," she replies, eyeing me and smirking.

"anyways," i say slowly, ignoring mjs look, "yes i'll be your seating partner, Parker."

"Oh-okay," peter says, smirking as he hides his red face.

———

"hey y/n." Greets Lip as i sit beside him in art class.

"hey."

"are you going on the sophomore trip?" He asks.

"Yeah i am, are you?" I smile.

"Yeah. You uh, wanna be my seating partner?"

my grin straightens out, "oh sorry Lip, i already have one. we can still hang out there though, if that's cool."

he smirks, "yeah. Uhm, who's your seating partner?"

"peter parker."

"oh peter. Yeah, Uhm, that's cool, i've seen you two around. Uhm, can I ask..." he coughs, "are you two ah, hooking up?"

i widen my eyes, "what? no!...where'd you hear that?"

"oh, i just was wondering since you two are attached at the hip." He clicks his tongue.

"oh okay, um... no we aren't together," i smile awkwardly at him and then look to my blank paper.

"still no ideas on what you're doing for the competition?" Lip asks.

"no ideas. none."

"hmm," he thinks, "what's the biggest thing happening in your life right now?"

i look him straight in the eyes, "death."

"what? Damn, i'm... sorry," he started as i burst out laughing.

"oh my god i'm sorry i'm just joking!" Lips face changes from sad to slightly scared to humored real fast.