the donut ship

"oh my god peter!" i almost cry, running up to him and hugging him. he hugs back awkwardly, "you're not... mad? or disappointed?" "why would i be?!" i ask, hugging him tighter, "oh my god oh my god."
"you can't tell anyone!" he says strictly, now hugging me back. "i won't i swear. oh my good. my best friend is spider-man. wow." i reply.

"best friend?" i hear someone say. i break the hug as my dad stands in the doorway to the room we stood in. "peter, this is your best friend...?" he asks and i look angrily at the man.
"yeah i guess so," peter says shyly.
i see the dissatisfaction in my dad eyes.
"well, peter. meet our newest avenger. y/n."

————

"so y/n, stay right here while peter and i help mister strange." my dad says. "what! why?" i ask. "well, you're kind of... normal." says peter and i slap his arm, "shut up." peter and my dad tell me to shh and they leave. "ugh," i groan.

i feel my face get warm so i take off my mask. a single tear rolls down my cheek. why was i crying? no no no do NOT cry. this is all just so much. i fiddle with my mask as a hand is placed on my cheek, using its thumb to wipe my tear. ridiculous. me? crying? IN SPACE? that's the most main character thing i've done in a long time. i look up at peter parker looking at me, "are you okay y/n?" "yeah, a lot to take in," i say, rubbing my eye and laughing weakly. he brings me into a hug, and rests him chin on my head. "okay enough of this romance," my dad cuts in. i make a face at him before peter lets go of the hug.

————

i jumped down to where dad stood with the wizard guy they called dr strange. "who's this dude and why are we saving him?" i asked. "you aren't saving me, you're saving this," he said, pulling his hands across his golden eye necklace. a green stone glowed. "is that the-?" i start to ask and my dad finished my sentence, "time stone. yeah." "how'd you know about the time stone?" peter asked. "i've been studying the infinity stones as a project for awhile now," i replied and the wizard nodded, "so you know about thanos?" i shook my head, "not really."

dr strange sighed and nodded again. "so what are we going to do with it?" asked peter, curiously. "well, we protect it," dr strange replied. my watch started buzzing and everyone looked at it. "i have service, in space," i said, glancing up at my dad, "i'm a genius, thank me later." i let dad call pepper on my watch to let her know we were safe. she sighed and said a bunch of things i couldn't hear, but she sounded mad and disappointed. they soon hung up.

"so, is this our team?" i asked and my dad shook his head, "i'm sure cap and his side will show up soon." "he's never been to space has he?" i asked. "in the time i've known him, no," replied my dad as the ring shaped ship landed on a planet. "hey dad," i whispered so no one but him and i could hear.
"what?"
"why was i the only one to get kidnapped on that bus?"
"can we talk about this later?" he asked.
i rolled my eyes, "if you'll have an answer later."
"shhhh."
"lord help me," i whispered.
"i'm trying time say something's coming," i heard peter say as a tiny bomb exploded. i shrieked. peter grabbed me as we got pushed back. a guy screamed at us from the door. he threw a knife at the wizard but he caught it and his cloak attacked the yelling man. another guy started shooting at me. i lunged and did a back handspring away from him. i looked over at peter who was being chased by a girl with antennae. i looked over and suddenly i saw the human holding onto peter and pointing a blaster at his head. i glanced at my dad quickly, who had his foot on top of the tall dude, pointing his fist at him. "everybody stay where you are, chill the eff out!" said the human. he looked at my dad, "i'm going to ask you this one time, where is gamora?" my dad rolled his eyes, "yeah i'll do you one better, WHOS Gamora?" the tall muscular dude spoke up, "ill do you one better, WHYS gamora?" i looked at dr strange who gave me a confused look.
"tell me where the girl is, or i swear to you, i'm gonna french fry this little freak."
"i'll blast your tall ass friend," i said, getting out of the big girl's grip.
"do it quill, i can take it," said the guy.
the bug girl squealed scaredly, "no, he can't take it!" dr strange agreed, "she's right, you can't."
"Oh yea? you don't wanna tell me where she is? thats fine, i'll kill all three of you and I'll beat it out of thanos myself!" shouted the human, who i understood was 'quill', what a stupid name for a pathetic man like him. he looked at peter, "starting with you!"
"watch it pencil name," i said, pointing my blaster fist at him.
" wait, what? thanos? alright, let me ask you this one time; what master do you serve?" asked the wizard.
"what master do i serve? what am i supposed to say, jesus?" scoffed Quill.
i glanced at him and looked him up and down in disgust, "you're from earth."
"i'm not from earth i'm from missouri!"
i shook my head, "that's on earth dipshit. now, what are you hassling us for?"
"so you're not with thanos?" asked peter.
"'with thanos' NO i'm here to kill thanos! he took my girl!" quill said, "wait-, who are you guys?"
peters mask came off, "we're the avengers man."
"you're the ones thor told us about!"bug girl said.
"you know thor?" my dad asked.
"yeah. tall guy, not that good-looking, needed help," said quill as peter raised his eyebrow.
"where is he now?" asked dr strange.

i glanced around and looked at the bug girl beside me, "what's you and the tall guy's name?" "i'm mantis. and he is Drax," she told me. "what can you do?" i asked her. "i can feel people's emotions," she replied, "would you like me to tell you yours?" "no no please don't," i said as peter looked at me from where he and quill were standing. "love, and confusion," said mantis from beside me. "what?" i asked. the frick was she talking about? "your friend over there in the spider costume," she said, "he is feeling love. and confusion." i look back at peter and shake my head, "do you know who with?" "yes, y-"she starts but dad comes up and interrupted her, "can i talk to you?" i looked at mantis and shrugged before she left to join the others.

"first off, what's going on with you and peter?"
"what?!"
"i see those glances, the flirting, the hugging. somethings up."
"yeah we are. we're in space," i joked but he didn't laugh.
"whatever it is i'll find out. second-"
"hey hey wait. so you knew peter was spider-man all along and you didn't tell me?"
"he asked me not to."
"why?"
"probably embarrassed. anyways, we're going to be fighting a very big battle. the world's life is in OUR hands."
"oh god."
"i don't feel safe with you doing this."
"dad, i'm an avenger now! you can't just switch up. this is your fault," i snapped.
"excuse me? my fault? how is your annoying un giving up self practically begging to join us my fault?" he said.
"you only seem to care about me when i want to help with something," i say angrily.
"that's not true."
"yes it is. you're never there for me otherwise."
"i-"
"is everything ok over here?" interrupted peter, looking between my dad and i.
"it's a jolly holiday," i said sarcastically and walked off towards our new friends.

"and he took my GIRL!" said quill. "you know we aren't just doing this to save your girl and whatever," i spoke up. "ah the sassy one is back," said quill. "so is the pathetic guy who looks like he just went back to the dump to grab more clothes," i said looking him up and down in disgust again. "i could kill you in a second," he said, suddenly really close to me. "the only thing your killing is time. when is this thanos guy supposed to show up?" i asked. "he's gathering other stones at the moment," said dr strange and i nodded looking back in front of me where the tall guy named drax stood.

"what now?" i asked, bored.
"if quill can't kill you i can."
"why are you two obsessed with killing me?"
i glanced at drax pulling a knife out behind his back. he through the knife at me. i held up my hand and closed my eyes before everyone gasped. i opened my eyes to see the knife floating in mid air. "woah," said peter, walking over to me. "did you know she could do that?" asked mantis. "are we going to ignore the fact that this guy just tried to MURDER me? how can we trust him?" i asked, using my newly found power to drop the knife.

"he only does that to sassy shits like you," said quill.
"then we should get rid of him because i'm not dropping it," i mumbled.
"what was that?" my dad asked and i shook my head, "nothing."