wind

"i know him..." i said, putting down my tea.
"i'd assume so, he helped us defeat thanos did he not?" she said.
"yeah yeah... he is pretty smart," i say, but that was an understatement. he's really smart. or as far as i knew. he knew my dad was going to die. he knew we'd win but we'd pay an unforgivable price. he knew things everyone spent their lives questioning.

i started breathing heavily as the wind picked up outside and i heard rain against the roof. i touched my face and felt a tear that i hadn't remembered making. the rain stopped as i wiped the tear off of my face. i hitched my breath before the wind stopped too.
wanda gave me a look.

"what?" i asked.
"are you hiding something from me?" she asked, standing up.
"nothing i don't know of," i replied, also standing. she stared me in the eyes as the door burst down from the wind. Wanda flinched but i stood still.

"y/n, youre more powerful than you think..." wanda said, using her powers to push the door back in place.

"you don't think..."
"i do."

we stood still glancing at the door every ten seconds.
"well..." said wanda.
"i have atmokinesis," i said slowly.
"to say the least, yes." wanda replied.
"wicked." i smiled.
"don't you wonder where your powers are coming from?" she asked.
"probably my mother... i didn't meet her, i was only a child when she 'died'," i replied.
"you don't believe she died," wanda stated.
"i get lied to a lot, so yeah, i believe she's alive." i say.
"if she is... alive, what do you think she'd be using her 'powers', if she has any, for?" wanda asked.
"no idea." i shrugged.

————

wanda and i spent the next few months practicing my powers. it was hard, considering the only way a beginner could control the weather was with their emotions.

every now and then we would try to combine our powers, but it was hard since i was new to this whole power thing.

"we're done for the day," said wanda. i have her two thumbs up and smiled. wanda had always been like a big sister to me. her and nat. but now that nat was gone, we had each other. and that was okay.

i felt cold air behind me as i walked back to the cabin we stayed in. "y/n turn it down a bit," yelled wanda. i looked at her and then at the sky, "wanda, that's not me."

above in the clouds a tornado started to form. "y/n stop it!"
"that's not me!"
i could see a human in the clouds, or at least i though it was a human. she had white hair and eyes, and floated like a goddess coming down to earth.

the wind got stronger as the tornado hit the ground. i saw wanda run into the cabin. shielding my eyes, i stood my ground. wanda ran back out with a book in her hands and tossed it to me, "keep this safe!"
i shoved the book in my bag and put it on my back as the tornado came closer. the creature was now floating above wanda and i, but more than 8 feet ahead.

"who are you?!" i asked, nearly yelling.
the woman looked at wanda and then me. she looked worried and then her expression softened.
"y/n?" she asked, making the storm swirl down. she had the same toned skin as me and expressions similar.
"who are you?" asked wanda, repeating my question.
"y/n is that you?" she asked, ignoring wanda.
"yea-yes?" i replied.
"after all this time?" she asked.
i shook my head, "who. are. you."
"y/n... i'm your mother."

————

peters pov:

"y/n has been gone for almost a week," said mj, forking at her food.
"what do you think she's doing?" asked betty, who had gotten really close with ned again.
"i don't know but she's starting to scare me. flash and that other student just got out of the hospital yesterday, not to mention she levitated that one girl, it's all over the news," ned ranted.
mj glanced at me and put her hand on mine, which was shaking.
betty glanced at our hands and smiled, "oooo mj and peter!!"
i shook my head and pulled my hand away, "no she- i- we were-"
"he was sh-" mj started but stopped quickly realizing i didn't want them to know.
"have you guys heard of the trip we're going on!?" asked ned, changing the subject awkwardly.

————

i sat on my bed, packing my clothes into a large suitcase. there was a few weeks left until the trip but i needed something to focus on other than y/n. what if she's hurt. what if she died? no peter don't think that. she's fine. she'll be ok. may knocked on my door and came in, "peter you might want to see this."

i sat down on the sofa as may turned on the news.

"speaking of weather- there was a slight chance of a tornado today near Berlin, Germany. a on the road photographer was touring the mountainsides and saw a superhuman levitate in the sky, causing a huge storm. 'it ain't no regular storm i seen!' says the photographer, 'the creature stopped the storm as it met the ground, seeing two other humans."

a video came on screen of a huge tornado above the valley area between the mountains. the two people stood there stationery, looking shocked.

"is that y/n?" asked may.
"what? that person! the one standing there like that? no. no? yes! wait may go back!" i shouted, jumping for the remote.
"that's y/n," may said quietly as i replayed the clip.
"where'd the guy say that was?" i asked.
"berlin, germany," may sighed.
"how'd they get there!?" i asked myself, frustrated.
"peter do you know something about y/n that i don't?" asked may.
"what? erm- no," i stuttered.
may nodded slowly and turned off the tv, "well, you better get some rest."
"may-" i started but sighed, "i haven't been able to sleep since y/n left. i hope they're okay."
"as far as i know- your friend is very strong and can levitate. she'll be fine," may smiled, patting my shoulder before she left to go to bed. i grabbed the remote and turned the tv back on.

"the people in the field are recognized as y/n Jacobs and Wanda Maximoff. we have no further information than that."

y/n was in berlin, germany. and she knew something i didn't.