A Daughter's Revenge

Calder would not stop crying. He did not need a change, he was fed then what was it? Loki entered the chambers, just in time.

"Loki, perhaps you can get Calder to stop crying, I've tried everything." He took Calder and transformed into his Jotun side. Calder formed into his as well and stopped crying. His tiny hand reached for Loki's face then yanked his hair.

"Ouch!" I giggled a little bit. Loki laid him down to sleep.

"Come, let's roam around." I smirked. He smirked back and chuckled. He started to chase me and tickle me; I laughed loudly and ran from him. Loki stopped me by projecting himself everywhere around me. Then his real arms caught me from behind.

"You can't escape from me!" He said as I laughed and tried to set myself free from his grasp. I turned around and kissed his soft lips that I don't ever want to stop kissing. We were interrupted by guards running towards us.

"What is it?" I growled, angry that they disrupted me and Loki.

"Your highness..." The guard spoke while catching his breath. "King Freyr and his company were killed." I stood frozen; my father was dead? They knelt before us.

"My queen and king." Now, Loki and I were permanent rulers of Alfheim with Calder as Alfheim's only heir. Was I ready?

We had a Passing Ceremony for my father now, only this time I did not cry. He wouldn't have wanted me cry anyways. Later that day, Loki and I were incarnated as Alfheim's king and queen. I wanted to be just like my mother, but first thing was first...

"I am going after those prisoners Loki."

"Embla, I'm begging you...don't go," he replied. "Calder needs his mother and I, my wife."

"I know Loki, but unlike my father, I am less blinded by grief." He frowned and sighed.

"I do not want anything bad to happen to you." I cupped his face.

"Loki, I am going to be alright. I promise." I placed a kiss on him and then he pulled me in, caressing me even harder.

"I love you Embla. Just please, come back soon and alive."

"I will. I love you too Loki." I knelt down to Calder, who looked like a Midguardian five year old now. He was growing up too fast.

"Calder, mother loves you very much."

"I wuv you too mummy!" He screamed, and I laughed. Calder had my eyes, but Loki's hair and his wit.

"I will be back before you know it." I said.

"Don't go mummy!" He hugged my leg and tears rimmed my eyes.

"I have to Calder. One day, you will understand." He nodded, still squeezing my leg.

"Can I come wit you?"

"No, darling. When you are older, possibly." I picked him up and smothered his little, pink cheeks with kisses. Then I kissed Loki one last time.

"I love you so much."

"Embla, I love you too."

Then I left with my company to seek my revenge.