It's Time

I was almost ready to give birth any day now. The increasing pain of carrying the baby was getting to be a burden, but a good burden. This was my child growing inside of me! He or she was apart of me. But as my child's life came closer, my mother's was diminishing quickly.

"Come on Embla, let's go to the gardens and get some frest air." Loki suggested.

"Let's go." I agreed as I thought it would help with the terrible pains I was having today. Loki helped me down the steps since I could no longer see them.

"How are you feeling, my love?" He asked once we settled in a spot.

"I am not sure Loki. To be honest, I have mixed emotions. I am happy that I am about to have our child born, but my mother is dying."

"I feared you would say that. Know that I am here for you, no matter what." I kissed him until I felt an immense amount of pain and very wet.

"Embla, what's wrong?!" I winced sharply then replied,

"My water...broke!" Loki grew wided eyed.

I was in so much pain! I felt like I was being ripped apart from the inside out. They hurried me to the nearest bed chambers because I was about to give birth. Maids and guards were panicking, trying to make me as comfortable as possible. I was lying on a mattress of pillows above the actual bed.

"I will not leave your side Embla." Loki claimed. I tried breathing through the pain, it was so unbearable. Loki allowed me to squeeze his hand, I had hoped in the back of my mind that I would not turn his hand into ash. The mid-wife, Bodil, finally arrived.

"Everyone please leave!" She screamed.

"No-not...Loki." I gasped to breathe.

"He can stay if he wishes." Everyone else left the room due to the growling bear known as Bodil, the royal mid-wife.

"Now Princess Embla, I am going to need you to push when I say so alright?" I nodded. This was it! It was time for my child to be welcomed into the world.

"Alright now push!" I did as I was told. I was sweating and breathing heavily as if I ran through all the nine realms. It hurt so badly that I was ready to turn myself into ash.

"Push again princess!" I did not wish to, but I had to. It felt like a thousand swords stabbing my insides.

"Embla, you're doing excellent!" Loki said, gripping my sweaty hand tightly. I kept screaming and pushing while Loki would compliment me, it was truly not helping me. I was getting weak from the pain of pushing for over an hour.

"The baby is almost here Princess Embla! Just one more big push!" Bodil hollered. With what little strength I had, I pushed. I laid back, catching my breath as a cry filled the air. Loki left me to see his first born. He came back holding a swaddled blanket with tears of joy in his eyes. He knelt down and placed the baby on my chest.The baby was light blue and had red irises and black surrounding them, but it was my child. Half cursed, half Jotun form. Once my baby looked at me, it turned to normal.

"You were right," Loki whispered. "It's a boy."

I smiled with tears in my eyes, staring at my newborn son. All the pain of bringing him to Alfheim was worth it.

"He is beautiful, Loki." I caressed Loki then said, "I love you so much."

"I love you too. What should we name him?" I smiled as my baby grinned back.

"I like Calder."