His Blessing

"Do you have any idea what my father is like?" I yelled at Loki. "He is not a very approving person, and that's saying it in nice terms Loki." All he did was smirk. 

"Relax my dear. Everything will be alright." He pecked my lips then entered my father's throne room. I told him we needed my father's approval to be married, and I did warn Loki that he is very had when it comes to me, many times. There were many people in Alfheim today. I was very nervous, but Loki walked in with confidence. 

"Welcome Loki of Asgard, what brings you to this realm?" Loki smirked.

"I wish for your daughter's hand in marriage and your blessing, of course." The crowd gasped and my father was upset. Whenever he got angry, to me his ears seemed pointier than usual. 

"And why would you want to do that, may I ask?" 

"Because I love her, your excellency, and I do believe it will prevent any further wars between our realms." Loki replied. My father tried to hide his amusement as well as the crowd's. 

"Love, how can you love my daughter? She is only but a child." I lowered my head to fight back the tears from my father's insult. 

"People can grow over time, your highness. Princess Embla has changed, and she has even changed me." Everyone was whispering amongst themselves.

"Silence please!" My father yelled. "Princess Embla, do you wish to marry this man?" He spoke formally. 

"I do, my king even if it means that I give up my place for the throne." His eyes popped a little when I responded to him in such a way. He sighed and said, "As heiress to this throne, your marriage would not be deemed wise, but as your father, you have my blessing." Wait, did my father just reveal that he has a heart? This must not be my father on the throne because he just gave me his blessing.

"Th-thank you your highness."

"No Embla. I am your father before your king." I took Loki's hand, whom I was to marry with no problems.