Revealing What's Within

Loki would visit every chance he got. Sometimes he would have to project himself because he could not see me in person at that moment. I think I was falling in love with him. One night, I sat on the balcony for Loki. Someone grabbed my waist then started caressing my neck.

"Tell me what you're feeling right now." Loki whispered. 

"I feel...free." I turned around and saw the confusion drawn on his face. "I feel free from the curse and everything when I am with you, Loki."

"That is untrue," Wait, what did he mean? I was not lying. "You are not free from me. You're still in my grasp." He smirked and I laughed because that was the truth. I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"And you're not from me either. I do not plan on letting either." I smiled and giggled but he frowned. 

"Maybe you should Embla." I unwrapped my arms from his neck, with so much confusion swimming in my head.

"Why Loki? Tell me!" He turned around with his head down. I stormed in front of him to see him, the true him. His skin was dark blue with deep markings and his eyes were bright red.

"I told you I am a monster." I wasn't afraid of him. 

"You are a frost giant, not a monster Loki. I am not afraid of you. I almost tried to kill you remember?" I grinned trying to make him feel better. He grinned a little as he turned back to normal. "Loki, look at me. No matter what you are, I will not leave your side." He stared at me with blank eyes.

"Don't leave me Embla. Promise me." 

"I promise." He smirked at me.

"Good because I think I love you." My heart pounded hard against my chest. "I-I love you too." I stuttered. 

"Why did you hesitate when-" I cupped his face in my hands and shut him up with my lips. "What were you saying?" I asked, smiling. 

"I love you." I giggled as he just stared at me. He decided t ostay in my chambers with me, and we fell asleep into each other's arms. In that moment, everything was perfect. Loki was beyond perfect as he slept with ease.