Gaining Control

The wedding was to be taken place in four months, and the closer it came part of me was overjoyed. But the other part of me was very worried, for I was changing and I do not think for the better. I did not want to put this stress on Loki because he already has enough on his mind with the wedding. I knew Loki was going to be furious, but it was for his sanity.

"Odin, I need your help, please." He stared at me, curious.

"What is it that you need?" I inhaled deeply.

"I think my curse has gotten worse. One day, I was in the gardens and I picked a flower. I had the strange curiosity if I could turn it into ash without being under the curse, and it did turn to ash." Odin nodded, taking in what I said.

"I would like to see this for myself Embla." He handed me a dagger to watch what I am now capable of. I stared at it with my inner pain then the dagger became nothing but dust.

"That is interesting perhaps when Loki saved you the last time, it altered the curse, allowing you to control or channel it." I nodded with a small spark of hope that it wasn't worse if I went under the curse again. I thanks Odin and left the room.

"What are you doing?" I jumped to see Loki infuriated, just like I thought.

"I needed to speak to Odin about something."

"Why couldn't you tell me Embla? Do you not trust me?" I too, was getting angry as well.

"Of course I trust you Loki! I did not want you to worry because you're already stressed about the wedding."

"I care more about you than any wedding!" People started to gather around us, and I did not want to argue in front of them so I walked away.

"Where are you going?!" Loki yelled after me.

"Away from you," I stopped and turned to see him through the crowd. "You don't know what it's like to not have control over yourself." The I continued to walk away before I turned anything into dust by accident.

For hours, I stayed in my chambers, lying in bed just staring at the sun setting. That sun was constant, and I was jealous. It did its purpose with nothing stopping it. It was constant and content.

By nightfall, I still have not talked to Loki. I did feel bad but over time I felt numb as I thought about our arguement over and over. Suddenly, Loki appeared, sitting on the edge of my bed. At first, he did not look at me.

"I have been thing Embla, and I want to apologize-"

"No. I should be the one apologizing. Loki, I just did not want you to worry, but instead I made us argue." I was feeling the guilt the longer I kept looking at him.

"I should have been more understanding, but Odin has lied to me that I can not entirely trust him." I sat next to him, wanting to hold his hand so badly, but if I touched him then he would disappear.

"I was scared Loki. I came to him because I can now possibly channel my curse without going under it." He just stared at me.

"Embla that is good. You can now control your curse." I frowned.

"What if I hurt you?" He chuckled.

"You almost tried to kill me twice. I do not believe you will hurt me knowlingly." I smirled a little, but I was still worried. He went quiet for a moment. He went quiet for a moment. Suddenly he asked,

"Why do you love me? How can someone so pure like you love someone so tarnished?" I was stunned that he asked that.

"You can not question love Loki. With love, even someone who is tarnished can be as good as new. Why do you love me?"

"I love everything about you Embla. Your beauty, your spirit...your curse. Everything." I grinned a small smile.

"Know this Loki, I love you. There's no doubt in my mind about it."