The Reason

I woke up from my sleep in terrible pain, worse than before especially in my chest. The training hall was in ruins. I must have been the cause of it, there was no other explanation. 

"Embla, are you alright?" A voice echoed from somewhere. I sat up slowly, which caused my muscles to hurt even more and I winced in pain. 

"Embla?" I looked over to see Loki, kneeling next to me. His expression was soft and sympathetic, much different than before.

"Embla, are you alright?" He repeated. I felt angry and hatred towards him for asking. 

"I'm fine." I growled back. I tried standing up, but the pain stopped me.

"Here," Loki offered to help me up, but I snapped my arm out of his grasp. "Please stop acting like a stubborn child." He held out his hand, and I reluctantly took it. 

"Did I hurt anyone?" I asked as I avoided looking at Loki. "Everyone is a little beaten up, but they're fine. You almost killed me until Thor struck you with a bolt of lightning then you were passed out until now." He laughed jokingly, but I was not amused at all. I did not wish to see the damage that I cause any longer, so I dragged my feet slowly across the floor.

"Allow me to help." Loki said. 

"No, I do not need your help Loki."

"Why are you acting like this?!" He was getting furious at me as I studied him intensely. 

"You said that I chase childish fantasies and that I am corrupted by dreams." His face softened and he sighed. 

"Those people are only good at one thing, fighting. They were trying to figure out what triggered your curse physically and none of that worked, did it? So I triggered it emotionally, through pain and heartbreak, that is your trigger." I understood at little better why he said I chased fantasies, but I was still hurt by what he said. 

"But why the knife to my throat?" 

"To make what I claimed more believable. You started crying." He smirked. 

"There was something in my eye." I snapped back, lying. 

"Stop lying," he exclaimed. "I apologize for that and it will not happen again. When you're under the curse, you don't have your blue eyes. They turned completely back as if there is nothing inside of you." He frowned. It scared me to even imagine myself like that. 

"Thank you for telling me." Finally, we made it to my chambers. I leaned against my door. "Well, thank you for walking me to my chambers." I bowed my head. 

"Embla, let me help you." Loki gave me a sad, pleading look. 

"I am fine Loki. There is no need to-" 

"I want to," he interrupted. "Please."

"Alright, I guess." I sighed in my defeat. He helped me walk to my bed then took off my boots gently once I sat down. I pulled off my burnt breastplate and the scrap metal of cuffs. As Loki sat next to me, I untied my blonde hair. "I am going to go to sleep, Loki." He bowed his head then moved a piece of stray hair out of my face. 

"I understand," he leaned in and kissed my cheek then whispered, "I will relive our kiss in my dreams tonight until your lips are mine once again." My body shivered and went numb as he left leaving, 'until your lips are mine once again' ring in my ears all night.