My Inner Monster

Due to Thor's drunken outburst, the meeting was postponed until tomorrow. I did not mind at all, I could prepare for what I had to say, not get into trouble like my mother told me. I began to write down ideas that we could do to avoid the war. I kept writing until there was a knock that broke my concentration. 

"Come in," I yelled not looking to see who it was. "I was worried when you did not come for breakfast." I recognized the voice to be Loki's. 

"I am not very hungry." I replied and chuckled. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Preparing for tomorrow." I heard him step closer to me. 

"Are you not going to come out of your chambers?" He asked quietly. I finally looked at him to see his cheeks turning pink. "I am not, for not one person here wishes to be around me." 

"That may not be entirely true." He responded with a smirk. I could not help but snicker.

"Why do you laugh?" His face hardened. "Do you not know what I have unknowningly done?" He sat in a chair next to me and focused on me. I frowned and sighed.

"After we won a battle against Muspelheim, my companions decided to drink heavily and drag me along agaisnt my father's wishes. We secretly left and came to Asgard. We stopped in a small village and drank some more. One of my friends, Corraidhin, began to brawl almost every man in the travern. The rest of my company just laughed. I tried to reason with him and pull him off. I remember growing so angry, and he threw me down," 

I frowned for the words that were about to be spoken. 

"I blacked out and when I awoke, I stood surrounded by nothing but ash. I did not know what happened. I told my mother and she says that I am cursed with black magic. My father thinks I wanted to wage a war against Asgard, and Asgard thinks the same as my father. That the Light Elves want to see Asgard as dust." I inhaled a deep breath once I finished. Loki just sat there, staring at me. 

"Do you blame Asgard wanting to wage war?" He responded after a long pause of silence. 

"No I do not. But it was not my fault nor the Light Elves. I could not control myself. I did not know ther was a monster inside me."

Quickly, he sat up and stormed towards the door. "You know nothing of monsters!" Then he slammed my door shut, frightening me of him. I sat there dumbfounded at what just unfolded. Then I realized I had to go after him to see if he was alright. I opened my door and looked left: nothing. Then at my right, and Loki was there, sitting on the floor. I knelt beside him. 

"I am not what I appear to be." He said sadly. "I am sorry for what I said. I had no intentions of offending you."

He just sat there with each arm hanging on his knees, and glared straight forward. 

"You do not understand. I am a monster." I did not know what to say. This sad being that I did not know how to comfort away  from a tavern. "You are only a monster if you believe you are." He smirked. "Says you, who called herself a monster only moments ago." I laughed quietly. "You are right. Let us not ponder on what we are, please." He shot up and replied,

"Yes. Good day princess." he bowed then left me, sitting stunned again.