Delivering The News

I waited for Loki all day. I was very anxious to tell him the news. Maybe he would not react very well. I could not wait any longer, so I fell asleep.

"Oh Embla, I am so sorry that I couldl not visit you. Odin has his ravens watching my every move."

I opened my eyes and ther was Loki, reading underneath a tree with its falling leaves coming down.

"I understand Loki. I-um...have something of great importance to tell you."

He glared up from his book. I sat down next to him and sighed.

"I am pregnant with your child Loki."

Loki looked at me stunned. The stare made me start to cry, for he did not react as I hoped.

"Why are you crying?" He spoke quietly.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders as I kept sobbing in my hands.

"You're...not happy." I said.

"Embla, I didn't say anything. I am just surprised is all. Look at me," he lifted my chin up and pulled a fallen leaf out of my hair.

"I am ovejoyed that we are going to have a child." He smiled and I could not help, but smile beyond the tears.

"What if our child is cursed as well?"

"We will teach him or her how to control it, do not fret."

Both of us spend a long time talking about our future together with the baby.Loki was excited to be a father.

"I love you so much. I believe that it is going to grow like our child." He told me as I smiled.

"I love you too Loki. Just know that my love for you is infinite." He sealed his lips upon mine and I opened my eyes to see that I was back in my chambers on Asgard. Loki did visit mme in my dreams like her promised. We were going to be parents to our special child. I went through my day with delight before I overheard,

"I fear that Loki plans to use Embla to gain something and not for the better."

I recognized the voice to be Thor's. I frowned and grew angry. How could he say that?

"If he did, then he would have done it already, right?" said who I believed it to be Sif.

"I do not trust him anymore."

"Perhaps he has changed because of Embla." I heard a sigh.

"I wish that were true, but I do not know. He can not be trusted." Then I entered the room and Thor stiffened. My face was hard with anger.

"Well I can trust him Thor. I am well aware of what he has done, but I don't care because I love him. You should do the same." I left those words lingering in his ears.