Chapter 17

Chaeyoung

"What did you wish for?"

He looked at me with a small amused smile plastered on his face.

"Secret." I laughed at his response.

"Let's go over there." I told him and he nodded. I got a little surprised when he held my hand and started walking. My face heated and a silly grin broke across my face.

"Look, there's a lot of locks." He said then I noticed the railings full of love locks. When we stopped by the railings, I smiled and gazed at the colorful locks then I touched a lock using my free hand.

"Wait here," he said suddenly that made me turn my head at him. He let go of my hand and I curiously watched him walk away. Seconds later, I faced the view and watched the lake quietly with a hint of smile on my lips.

I can't believe I'm smiling by myself because of him now when all I felt was shame the day we met at the rooftop.

"The weather is nice, isn't it?"

I turned to my left side when a deep voice spoke then I saw a tall guy standing not too far away from me while looking at the view. I eyed him for a while then my lips parted a bit when I recognized who he is.

"You're the guy at the cinema, right?"

A small smile curved on his lips. "Yes." He looked at me and I smiled at him.

"Do you know where we first met?" He asked that I answered immediately.

"Yes. At the cinema."

"Wrong." He chuckled that made me furrow my eyebrows.

"We first met at a birthday party." He said. "You know Jackson, right?"

I nodded. "Oh, so you were one of his guests. Sorry, I forgot."

He shrugged. "You were drunk when we danced, so.."

I nodded but my eyes went a bit wide when I remembered something. I stared closely at his face, causing him to smirk.

Oh god, is it him?

"I assume you remember our first meeting now."

My face heated out of embarrassment. He let out a chuckle when I quickly looked away from him.

"I'm Taehyung, by the way. And you are?"

I glanced at him. "Chaeyoung."

He hummed softly.

"Where's your boyfriend?" He asked that caused me to turn my head at him. When I just stared at him, he smiled a bit.

"I saw you two at the stairs earlier."

"Ah." I laughed awkwardly before looking at the lake. "He went somewhere." He nodded and we both fell silent, but after a few seconds, he spoke again.