Chapter 21

Chaeyoung

"Hi."

Everyone just stared at her quietly that made her chuckle. When the guys started leaving the pool, the three did the same. The girl's eyes drifted somewhere near me that I thought she's looking at me.

But then I realized she's looking at Sehun who's still in the water.

"Why are you here?" Minseok, who approached her, asked. She averted her eyes and turned to Minseok with a smile.

"Aw.. I was expecting a warm welcome." She puckered her lips a bit and looked at the others.

"Didn't you guys miss me?"

I furrowed my brows in curiosity as I watch her friendly face. I was about to turn to Kris when Sehun suddenly left the pool.

"Hi!"

I turned to the girl when I heard her spoke, and I saw her sauntering towards us. She stopped, her eyes glued to him.

"It's been a few years. How have you been?" She asked sweetly. Sehun faced her, his eyes emotionless. My brows furrowed a bit.

Is she..

"When did you come back?" He asked, completely ignoring her question.

"Just yesterday." She smiled. "Didn't you miss me?"

"Why are you here?"

She chuckled. "Am I not allowed?" She glanced at the others. I felt a little shy and intimidated so I decided to leave them there and go back to the table. As I sat down on one of the chairs, I saw Kris coming. He glanced at me before taking a seat on the chair beside me.

Soon after, I saw Sehun coming so I got a towel and gave it to him when he got near. He took it and sat beside me. After a little while, I found everyone, including the beautiful girl, seating around the table. Everyone is unusually quiet that makes the atmosphere a bit awkward.

"Here.." Kris said while holding a grilled corn. I mumbled a thank you before taking it.

"You've finally got a girlfriend now, huh? I thought you were going to stay single forever." My eyes quickly drifted on her and I saw her glance at me before giving Kris a teasing look. Kris cleared his throat.

"She's my girlfriend, not his."

Everyone looked at Sehun. She raised a brow and looked at him in amusement. Her gaze then drifted on me that got me intimidated.

"What's your name?" I felt a bit surprised when she suddenly asked me.

"Chaeyoung."

She smiled. "I'm Yoonah. How's my friend as a boyfriend? He's sweet and caring, right?" I shyly nodded a bit.

"He used to be sweet as sugar to me, but now he's colder than Antarctica." She laughed. I noticed the guys exchange looks. "We were almost inseparable then, but now he's treating me like a stranger and I can't blame him. What I did is really terrible."

My hunch was right.

"Yoonah." Suho called in a scolding manner. She looked at him, smiling.

"Yes?" I bit my lip and lowered my gaze.

"Oh, sorry! I thought she already knew." She chuckled.

"Sehun, why didn't you tell her about me, hmm?" She asked with a hint of playfulness in her voice.

"She knows about you." Sehun told her.

"Oh.. Chaeyoung-ssi, what did he say about me?" I looked at her when she called me. I was thinking whether I should answer or not when Kai spoke.

"You sure you want to know?"

"I think you already know the answer to that." Luhan scoffed and I noticed how her smile gradually disappeared.

When I glanced at the girls, I saw Lisa and Jisoo whispering to each other. And when I looked at Jennie, I found her already looking at me like she's been waiting for me to look at her. She pointed her lips inconspicuously to Yoonah's direction before raising a brow. I slightly nodded at her as a response.

"Are you okay?"

I softly asked Sehun. An hour has passed since Yoonah's sudden arrival, and he looks like he's not in the mood.

And I think I know why.

He turned his head at me and nodded. I stared at him, engulfed by an unfamiliar feeling. I don't know what to tell him. I don't know if I should ask him about his ex who's just around. Should I ask him what he's thinking right now? Does he miss her despite what she did? I mean, they surely shared a lot of memories back then.

"What are you thinking?" He asked while pulling his chair close to mine. I blinked and shook my head at him as a response. The corner of his mouth lifted while staring at me, making me avert my eyes from him.

"Ah." He said that made me look back at him. "Are you hungry?" He asked teasingly which caused me to glower at him. He let out a chuckle and pinched my cheek. My gaze drifted somewhere and I suddenly felt a little insecure.

She's beautiful and classy. Just one look and you'll know that she's every guy's ideal type. Long brown hair, small face, beautiful eyes and fair complexion. She looks kind, and she also looks friendlier with that radiant smile on her face. No wonder Sehun fell for her..

"She's pretty.." I muttered.

"Really?" I frowned and looked at him because of what he said. He ignored my reaction and extended his hand to tuck my hair behind my ear.

"You're pretty." I blushed and frowned even more to prevent myself from smiling. I gazed upon the pool, fidgeting. My mind was wandering when he suddenly placed his hand on top of mine. I lowered my gaze down our hands, his large hand covering mine. I tried my best to not smile but I failed.

"Lovebirds!"

Tao shouted that caught our attention. He pointed his lips towards Yoonah before taking a seat on the edge of the pool. I straightened my back when I saw her walking towards us. She stopped near us and smiled. I smiled a bit and from the corner of my eyes, I see everyone watching us.

"Hey." She greeted casually. "I just invited them to have a short vacation at my uncle's resort. You can come, right?" She nicely said. I glanced at the girls and saw Lisa nodding at me. I looked back at Yoonah and gave her a short nod.

"All expenses are on me. It'll be three days only but you can stay for a few days more if you want." I was about to tell her that I'm going, but Sehun spoke first.

"I can't come." He said that made the both of us look at him.

"No, you should come! I have already informed Uncle about this. He misses you, Sehun. He'll get upset if you don't come." Yoonah told him. Sehun looked at me. I nodded a bit. He sighed and looked at her.

"Fine."

—seventeenrosies,