02

"My sandcastle has met your wave and it's starting to break down"

▏▬▬▬▬▬▬▕

Hyungwon exited the room he had been hidden in by his older members when they had been attacked. It was hidden behind a bookcase and had a secret lever so it would have been impossible to get in. He hadn't been in a condition to fight. His ankle was broken as was his right wrist along multiple cuts and even a gunshot wound.

"Don't come out on your own, okay? I will come and get you when everything's good." His fiance said before softly kissing the older's lips. He grabbed the other's hand with his healthy one. "But..." Hyungwon was shushed by the man. "Everything – everyone – will be fine. I will be fine, okay?" The man spoke softly.

Hyungwon flinched when a loud bang echoed in the building. "I will come back." The other assured, gently rubbing the wounded man's cheeks.

Hyungwon had to let go as the other backed off. Soon enough he was left in the room all alone, listening to the gunshots and yells from the outside. He should have been there, fighting with the others. He should have been careful on his previous mission but went and got caught.

Sometime later everything in the base went quiet and the man hated it. He couldn't stand utter silence. It made his thought run wild. Hyungwon wasn't sure how long it had been, but long enough to make him fear the worst. Hajoon hadn't come back yet and it had been a while since everything fell silent.

Hyungwon grabbed his crutch with his healthy hand and pulled the lever inside the room so that the bookcase would open. He carefully walked out, eyeing both sides of the hallway. No living people. The hallway had a few corpses in it and the walls and floor were lined with crimson.

He started walking down the hallway to the main area. He couldn't help but to eye the dead people. Recognizing most of them as his own brethren. It was an unfair fight; they were a small group and their opponent had a lot of power in the area.

He entered the main area and hand to cover his nose. The stench of blood was overwhelming. He looked around, sooner or later recognizing his boss along the multiple corpses.

It was hard to hold in the tears but Hyungwon refused to cry. Shedding the tears wouldn't help and if the enemy was still there, it would attract unwanted attention.

He stumbled along looking for his fiance. Hajoon wouldn't be dead. He could not be.

After looking around his eyes landed on a familiar head of red-brown hair. "No... No.." Hyungwon said as a lump formed in his throat. His world fell apart around him. He rushed over, almost crashing onto the blood stained floor due to his hurt ankle. He let go of the singular crutch he had and dropped down next to the body. He brought his hand to the man's neck, looking for a pulse. He found it, but it was weak.

"Baby... Wake up..." Hyungwon choked out, voice cracking up. He started looking for the wounds the younger had gotten, finding three gunshots holes on his abdomen and one on his chest. It wasn't too late. It could not be. He refused to accept it. The older pressed his hands, even if his broken wrist wasn't the most useful, onto the wounds.

Suddenly his other wrist was grabbed with a weak hold. His eyes flashed to the younger's face; the man had his eyes barely open and Hyungwon knew that there wasn't a lot of time. "Hyungwon..." His voice was weak. Hyungwon swallowed his tears and took a deep breath. "It's going to be okay. I'll get us out of here.." Hyungwon said hurriedly, stumbling on his words. His hands were shaking a lot.