21

"Rescue me, baby. Only your touch can rescue me."

▏▬▬▬▬▬▬▕

Hyungwon stared at the empty space on the other side of the bed. "He said he'd come back..." The man whispered under his breath, picking at his cuticles.

A knock on the door caught his attention. Hyungwon turned his head right as the door opened and Changkyun entered. "How are you doing?" The younger asked, making his way to the bed. Hyungwon looked away from the man, keeping his mouth shut.

"Is there anything new on him..?" he then decided to ask, ignoring the question about his well-being. That didn't matter right now. At least not in his own head.

It had been three days by now but there had been nothing on Hoseok. His phone was turned off so they couldn't track him that way. 

Changkyun sighed. "Nothing.. I'm sorry." The man said, carefully sitting down on the bed. Hyungwon took a deep breath. "I... What if he's hurt? Dead even?" He mumbled out breathily. "This is my fault. I.. He's hurt because..."

Hyungwon felt his hand being grabbed but he pulled away immediately. He didn't deserve the comfort the other man was offering. "Of course it happens when I'm hurt... I should've just ignored the pain..." 

"Hyungwon. Speak any more and I will rip out your tongue." Changkyun threatened, sounding serious. So Hyungwon, for once, decided to listen and closed his mouth giving the younger a chance to continue. "What would you have done to prevent this?" "I don't fucking know. Anything!" Hyungwon argued back, squeezing his palms into fists.

"You're unbelievable. How many times does it need to be said? You aren't the fucking problem here!" Changkyun hissed, frustrated.

Hyungwon pulled his lips into a tight line. "It sure does feel like it... Wouldn't it be better if I had just gone there the first chance? Kihyun would still be here with you and hell, maybe you wouldn't be their only target right now." He said lowering his voice, chuckling sadly. He felt bad for lashing out. 

He was pathetic.

"While I miss Kihyun, I really do and I'd do anything just to have him back here, it's odd to think about us without you here." Changkyun sighed and stood up. Hyungwon lowered his gaze down to his lap. "You should rest, Hyung. Let's hope we get something tomorrow."

Hyungwon lied in bed awake. He couldn't fall asleep once again. No matter how hard he had tried. It was only 12 am, but he knew should have been sleeping as his body was screaming for rest. 

His mind was clouded with fear and worry over Hoseok.

The man picked up his phone and opened it, eyes squinting due to the bright screen. Before he could click on anything on the screen, it started ringing.

"Won..." he mumbled, eyes widening as he registered the caller ID. The man shot up from his lying position and answered the call. "That was fast." Mr. Chae's voice came through the phone, crushing the man's hopes of Wonho being safe.

"You mother fucker..." Hyungwon started, scrambling out of bed. Moving still hurt, but the pain was setting slightly better and the tall man would have ignored it even if it wasn't getting better. "We have to work on those manners of yours..."

"Where is he?" Hyungwon spat angrily, heading out of the bedroom despite his body wanting to go and crash under him. The hitman got into the hallway, to be met with Jooheon leaning on the wall outside his room.

He knew the guys were keeping an eye on him... Just not to this extent. 

The blond man raised an eyebrow at the man who had emerged from the bedroom. Hyungwon broke eye contact almost immediately."He's right here... Still wasting air. He's one hell of a guy, you know." Mr. Chae commented, making Hyungwon clench his teeth. He closed the bedroom door and headed past Jooheon who instantly started following him.