05

"Even when I didn't say it, you understood it."

▏▬▬▬▬▬▬▕

A knock on his door alerted Hyungwon back to reality. He was just blankly staring at the framed photo, not really thinking about anything. It had been a bit over a month since he joined and he had already taken part in some things. Mainly guarding events from afar and if things went south he'd be the one to inform the others to attack.

"Did you need something?" Hyungwon asked as Wonho was kinda just standing there. "Not really. Just wanted to see how you were doing." The older spoke, arms crossed. Hyungwon nodded his head, a bit confused.

Had he shown signs of not being okay?

The ex-hitman noticed Wonho staring at something, and his eyes followed the man's gaze landing on the framed picture. Hyungwon cleared his throat and turned the frame face down against the table.

"I thought you said you weren't married." Wonho suddenly stated after a moment of silence, making Hyungwon pull his lips in a line. "I'm not." he could only say. "Then who is he?" The hitman glanced at the frame biting his tongue.

"Does it matter?" He asked bluntly. Wonho sighed, seemingly understanding the situation. "I used to have a wife, you know. She died of lung cancer four years ago. He died too, didn't he?" The man spoke calmly. Hyungwon only listened, not saying anything and not even nodding. He was a bit surprised by the sudden confession.

"Hyungwon, you're family now. You can talk to us." Wonho reassured the skinny man who was looking away, jaw clenched.

Wonho sounded exactly like him. Them.

Hyungwon bit his bottom lip. You're family now. The exact words he received when he first entered The Black Rose as a dumb 18- year old because he had foolishly gone and fallen for one of the guys.

Hyungwon would be lying if he denied the fact that Wonho saying that made him feel some sort of joy. Being called family. But he couldn't show it.

Not wanting to talk about it anymore, Hyungwon slapped the desk with his hand a few times and stood up without responding to the question. "We have work, right?" He asked, surprising the older with the sudden change in attitude but the man nodded anyways.

"Right. We should head out soon. I'll leave you to prepare." The man responded, clearing his throat. It was clear to him that the other wasn't open to the topic at hand yet. Hyungwon's eyes followed the man as he exited the room. The younger man let out a small huff and turned the frame back up.

Hyungwon quickly changed his clothes before grabbing his handgun and heading out of the room.

He got downstairs to see most of the others gathered. "You all remember the plan, right?" Wonho asked, eyeing the others. "Shownu and Jooheon will come with me, Kihyun stays in the car trying to watch the cameras. Minhyuk and Hyungwon will patrol the bar area. We can't lose the fuckers this time; they've caused us enough trouble already." The leader listed out their roles as a reminder, even if it wasn't needed.

Hyungwon didn't like detailed plans; they would always fail. Unless it was for escaping a situation or a building, he would never plan out his jobs too intricately.

Hyungwon glanced at Minhyuk, who was standing there stoic expression on his face. The guy was a bit odd. He didn't talk much and when he did, it was quite monotone. It kind of crept Hyungwon out. The cold stare gave the hitman goosebumps at times, even though Minhyuk had never said or done anything that would make Hyungwon have a reason to fear the guy.