12

"That person I'm looking for..."

▏▬▬▬▬▬▬▕

The sound of glass shattering filled Changkyun's ears as he shot at the glass bottles he had set on the plank. He squeezed the gun in his hand tightly. He had hit every single one so far. He had gotten much better recently due to him having to be out on the field more, instead of hiding away at his computers.

"So this is where you've been hiding." Hoseok's voice carried into his ears. Changkyun turned around, eyes landing on the elder who was leaning against a tree. Well. So much for his secret shooting range. "Oh... Yeah. Did you need me for something?" He asked, lowering the firearm. The older hummed and nodded.

"We got a new guy on our team and father decided you two could work as a team since both of you know electrical things. Yoo's more of a field guy so he thought it'd work out." Hoseok explained and shrugged afterward. "He's new to the business, but I'm sure you can help him get to know everything."

Changkyun nodded his head. "Sure, I guess." he agreed, not at all opposed to the thought. Wonho smiled and pushed himself away from the tree. "Great." the blonde man said and turned around, waving for someone to come over.

The youngest patiently waited for whoever to come and from behind Hoseok emerged a stunning guy with black hair. Changkyun would deny ever staring at the guy for more than a few seconds, but that would just be a blatant lie.

The new member walked over to the stunned male and extended his hand. "Yoo Kihyun. Nice to meet you." The guy introduced himself, smiling charmingly. Changkyun parted his lips a little before clearing his throat. "Im Changkyun. I look forward to working with you." He said, sending a friendly smile towards the guy.

"He's your elder, so be respectful. But also Kyun's been here longer so... I guess come up with whatever system you want." Wonho hummed from the sidelines, watching the interaction. Finally, Changkyun would have someone to share his tech knowledge with. "I'll head inside." The oldest then informed.

Changkyun's hideout turned into their own comfort zone in a short matter of time. Mr. Lee even constructed a small living area there. So if you couldn't find the two in the main house you needed to look in the woods.

Kihyun definitely had skill in close combat but over time Changkyun realized the guy probably had never held a gun in his life. At least a real one. So he offered to help the other as using a gun was a huge part of their work and you can't survive a gunfight with a knife or your wrists. Kihyun gladly took the offer, causing them to get even more closer due to the extra time spent together.

From the get-go, Changkyun helped the guy with how to handle the gun so that he didn't shoot himself in the leg. Or worse: the head. After that came everything else until they got to the long-range shooting. The "everything else" had gone fine but this was deemed a challenge for the older.

"Hyung. Aim more left. You keep missing it times because you're pointing to the right too much. I told you this..." Changkyun sighed and stood up from the tree stump he had been sitting on while watching his partner in crime try and shoot the old glass bottles. "I'm trying, Kyun. It's not that easy." Kihyun argued back defeatedly, eyebrows furrowed.

He walked up to the older man and grabbed his hand, positioning it better. "There. Now pull the trigger." Changkyun instructed, leaning his chin on the other's shoulder. Kihyun did as the other told and the forest was filled with the sound of glass shattering. The younger smiled proudly. "See. It's not that hard." He chuckled, wrapping his arms around the older.